02

mad world by gary jules cover by jasmine thompson

edited

Mikayla walked with Richie. Her eyes on her feet as her hands held tightly onto the straps of her backpack.

"So Miki-Moo," Richie said as he looked over at her. "Have any great plans for the summer?"

"Besides hanging out with my least favorite person in the world," She joked as she looked at him with a smile. "Nope. What about you Trashy?"

"I have plans on getting you and Stan the man together finally," he said with his signature smug look. Instantly the girls face lit up like a Christmas tree as she hit his arm.

"What the fuck, Richie," she whined looking away from him. His laughter filling up the space between them. Her head snapping to the boy as she glared at him.

"Awe, you're like a love sick puppy," he beamed as he smiled his dumb grin at her. she wanted to wipe it off his face sometimes.

"Shut up," she groaned as she ran her hands down her face, before a smile pulled on her face. "How are things with you and your Eddie Spaghetti?" Instantly Richie's head snapped to look at her.

"Mikayla Reese Finch," he threatened as he pointed at her, "I will kill you and everyone you love if you mention him."

"No you won't," She beamed as she pushed his arm a little. "My stop. Bye trashy!"

Mikayla walked up to her front door and opened it, before he could get another word it. She waved bye to Richie as he continued on home. After that the girl walked into her cold house. All of the lights off, since she was always the first one to arrive home. Her mother, and father busy at work.

She carefully shut the door behind her and kicked her tennis shoes off. Her feet carrying her off to her room. Upon entry she had immediately flopped onto her bed. A groan leaving her lips as she rolled over to look at the ceiling. The contents in her bag poking her back as she laid there for awhile until she sat up, and took off her bag.

Unzipping it, she began to pull out the contents of her bag. Binders, and notebooks starting to take up space on her bed. She looked at all of them. Her shakey handwriting sprawled on the sides of her binder. Labeling each one: Math, Science, History, English.

Through out the years her handwriting had gotten a little better. In the second grade when her hands first started to shake it had been illegible. The teacher started to have her homework being her writing. Perfecting it as much as she could. The problem with that is, she had to write the letters extremely slow, and that took time to do.

Each line of a letter had to be thought out. If she was writing a long word she would have to take a small break in between, so she didn't rush herself to finish. No matter her love for writing stories, she simply couldn't without stressing over the way her handwriting looked.

She pulled out her yearbook. A small smile forming on her face as she opened it up to look at the autograph section. She only had five signatures on it. One of them had been her teachers, while the last four where her beloved friends: Eddie, Stan, Richie, and Bill.

In Eddies rushed cursive he had sprawled his name and a small note that read, 'the school year was pretty great thanks to you."

"Precious little Eddie," She hummed out loud. Every year he had always written something sweet in her year book. Causing a grin on her face, and earning him a hug the next day. Which would leave him babbling about how it was no big deal.