20

unedited

Mikayla had no plans today. Her hair was tied up, and her eyes laid on the tv. The show her mother had clicked on was the same one that had aired hundreds of times. The same woman sat amongst children. Miki hates that show. It always sent a chill down her spine. A knock at the door dragged Mikayla from her thoughts.

"I'll get it!" She chimed as she stood up and walked off to the door. Another knock sounded before Mikayla opened the door with a smile that quickly faded.

On the porch stood Stan directly in front of her. Behind him stood Bill, Richie, Eddie, Mike, and Ben. All of them had glum looks on their face.

"Who is it sweetie?" Her mother called from the living room couch.

"Just Stan, and Richie," she hollered back as she looked forward at them. "They just wanna talk," she added on before stepping out into the porch.

"What is going on?" She asked sharply as she glared slightly at Bill. Her eyes moving back to Stans rather quickly as she tried to get an answer without anyone having to speak.

"It took Bev," Stan spoke, his own chocolate brown eyes searching hers for a moment.

"Okay?" She said, coming off more heartless then she seemed. "Call the cops. That's what adults are for."

"Th-they won't listen! Adults d-don't care," Bill spoke from behind them. Mikayla's head snapped as she looked at him.

"You still owe me a apology! An Richie! Have you apologized Bill? Have you? Cause you are the idiotic imbecile who got us into this mess!" She practically shouted as she took a few steps towards the edge of the porch, only for Stans hand to wrap around her forearm and hold her back.

"He apologized to Richie," Stan spoke, his voice calm among the many racing thoughts in her head.

"I kn-know," Bill stuttered as his eyes kept on Mikayla's. "I endan-angered everyone. I risked the groups lifes, a-and broke us apart. I'm s-s-sorry," he spoke, words stumbling from his lips.

Without another word Mikayla stood up, and walked inside. She had grabbed a pair of tennis shoes, and bound them tightly to her feet.

"I'll be back mom!" She said quickly as she leaned down, and placed a big kiss to her cheek.

"Alright, sweetie! Don't go getting dirty. You have dance class at six," she said with a warm smile before waving her daughter off. Mikayla hurried back out to the porch and shut the door behind her.

"Where are we off too?"

-

The group of seven stood in front of the house. A few of them had flash lights, and each of them had a weapon of some sorts. Mostly just spikes from the fence.

Mikayla looked up as she seen Richie slam a glass bottle against the railing of the staircase. He turned to face them with the bottle broken completely down to the neck. He tossed it aside.

"I thought it would work," he spoke before they all shook their heads, and entered the house. Mikayla walking with her hand grasped tightly onto Stans.

She came to a stop at the tug of Stans arm. She turned to see him standing just before the doorway.

"Stan?" She spoke softly, as the group came to a stop and turned to look at him.

"W-We all have to g-go in," Bill spoke as Miki turned her attention temporarily on him, and then back to Stan. "Otherw-wise, it will get us. If we stick together, all of us, we-we'll win. I p-promise."