07

sleeping at last by light

unedited

Mikayla immediately sat up gasping for breath. Her mind was buzzing for a few seconds, before tears started to stream down her face. In her sobbing mess the girl pulled her knees up to her chest and wept even more. A feeling of terror and fear sleeping into her brain as she cried.

After a few minutes her breathing was back to normal and her crying was now just silent whimpers. Slowly she got up from her bed and moved to slide on her tennis shoes. Her hands shaking as she tied her shoes.

What if he isn't awake?

"He will be," she mumbled out loud to herself as she quietly left her room. She quietly creeped through her house. Looking at the time on the clock as she entered her living room.

2:38 am.

"There is no way he'd be up," she whispered as she pulled open the front door and shut it behind herself. She waited a moment; her eyes scanning over the outside world. She took a deep breath in, and took off down the street. Her feet quickly carrying her down the familiar streets until she stood in front of the Uris residence.

She stared at the two story house. It's neatly trimmed lawn, and garden giving a creepy vibe. The pale yellow of the boards on the house made the house look almost as if it where a ghost. A shiver ran down her spin as she walked around to the side of the house.

Picking up a few rocks from the surrounding area. She lightly tossed them up to his window. The rock hitting the glass and bouncing off. She watched as the rock fell. She waited a second, before throwing a second one.

Almost immediately after the second rock, a light clicked on. She discarded the rest of the rocks in her hand and watched as Stans curly haired head looked down from the window. She waved a hand at him, as he heaved the window open.

"What are you doing?" He harshly whisper yelled at her. His hand moving to rub the sleep out of his eyes. She stared up at him for a moment in complete silence.

"I just-" she started, before staring down at her hands and then frowning. "Please let me inside," she said loud enough for him to hear but not disturb everyone else. He stared at her for a moment, before frowning lightly.

  "Go to the backdoor, and be quiet," he said as he turned and shut the window. Mikayla quickly, and quietly moved towards the fence. Her eyes scanned for a gate, and upon not seeing one she climbed over the metal fence.

She walked trough his backyard some before stepping up onto his porch. Her eyes met Stans as he stood in front of the backdoor. His anxiety shown slightly on his face.

  "Don't say anything until we get to my room," he whispered as he laced his fingers with hers and pulled her gently inside. Quietly, he shut the door behind them and locked it.

  The duo walked up the stairs to his room. He silently pulled the door open. Her lip slipping in between her teeth to keep herself from sobbing. The second they where behind the closed door he turned to look at her. Her arms already wrapping around him as she buried her face into his shoulder.

   She felt him tense under her arm. A mere second pass by before he relaxed. His own arms wrapping around her which made her break, and started to cry. He shifted awkwardly under her arms. His own mind racing with a million thoughts of what he should do.

   "Hey," he whispered as he fought for words to say. "It's okay. You're safe," he mumbled into her hair as she continued to cry. Her tears soaking through his pajama shirt. Which made him cringe, but he didn't say or do anything about it.

   After what felt like years, she'd managed to stop crying. The only sounds in the room was her sniffling and both of their breathing. She shifted her arms on him slightly as he mangalore the courage to speak.

"Can you tell me what happened?" He quietly asked. No sounds followed after his voice. He moved to look at her, about to ask again before she shook her head no. A small frown pulling on his face, before he pulled her back into the hug. She sighed heavily as she mumbled something he could not hear.

  "What?" He started as he pulled away again, "What did you say?" He asked slowly as if the wrong words would set her off into another spiral of tears.

  "Can I stay the night tonight?" She mumbled again, this time loud enough for him to hear. He stared at her for a moment. Her head still buried in his chest.

  Reluctantly, the taller boy nodded his head. As he pulled away from her gently. His hands dropping to his side as she frowned at the absence of his arms.

  "I'll put you in the guest bedroo-" he started to say before being cut off by Mikayla's own raspy voice.

  "Can I sleep with you?" She asked as she stared down at her hands. A bright blush on her cheeks as she busied her self by looking at how her hands shacked.

  He was quiet for a moment. His own brain yelling out a million different reasons as to why she shouldn't even stay the night. But with how broken and small she looked, he couldn't help but let her. Carefully he placed his hands on her shaking ones feeling them go still.

Holy shit, where did this confidence come from?

  "Of course," he softly whispered. Her head moved to look up at him as he smiled at her. His hands lightly squeezing hers, before he let go of them.

  He took a step back towards his dis-shuffled bed. Climbing in and scooting over to one side. His arm pulling the covers over his own legs, before holding it up so she could climb in. Carefully she sat down on the edge of the bed; sliding her legs underneath the warm blanket.

  They both moved around in the bed for a moment before going still. The silence causing her mind to slip into panic mod. A small ping of guilt for asking to stay surfacing in her mind. She knew he'd get in trouble if she didn't leave early that morning. It would also probably be the last time she'd ever be able to hang out with Stan.

  After a few quiet minutes she felt a arm shift around stomach. Her body relaxing into the touch almost instantly. The thoughts in her mind seemed to melt away as she shifted to face him.

  "I had a night mare," she mumbled as she watched his eyes pull open.

  "About what?" He asked curiously as she shifted closer to him. His arm now fully wrapped around her body. Her face pressed against his chest slightly.

  "You dying," She mumbled after a few moments of silence. Her eyes starting to tear up again at how real it felt. "Something got you, and it ate you..." She whispered breathlessly as she felt her heart start to ache again. His grip on her tightened as he pulled her closer. His lips gently pressing against her forehead, causing a warmth to run through out her.

   "I'm not dead," he mumbled as he pulled away, "I'm right here." At those words the room fell silent, and Mikayla had fallen back asleep. Her light snoring filling the room. Stan laid there for a few minutes longer. Thinking over the past few minutes.

A/N: heyyyyyo! how was this chapter? some soft lil fluff like a I promised! Anywayyyys, Stan the Man is gonna be in trouble tomorrow morning. smh. What a sinner 😡 jk

  How are you guys enjoying the story so far?  How do you like Mikayla? Kinda soft squishy punk character. Ya feel? Lol

BUT GOOD NEWS! The next chapter is also fluff and not at all relates to the plot line of the story! But that's okay cause character development :)

OKAY LOSERS! I'm out

  Mwah!!!