06

heathens by Twenty One Pilots

unedited

  Mikayla and the gang all raced on their bikes towards Bens. The last half the conversation they had before the left still floating in the girls mind as she ditched her bike in the front lawn. She waited for Stan to set his bike up, and then watched as Eddie fell.

  "You okay?" Richie asked as Stan nudged her shoulder. Her attention turning to the front door of Bens house as the rest of them where already inside.

   "Kinda creepy that we grew up here and he knows more about the town then we do," she mumbled loud enough for only Stans ears to hear as they entered the house and followed Beverly.

  Upon entering the home a sweet cinnamon smell filled her nose. Reminding her much of her grandmas house over in New York City. She smiled warmly before following after Bev and Bill. Stans footsteps heard behind her as she entered Bens room.

  "Wow," she mumbled as her eyes scanned the walls. Pictures of the town and news paper articles hung all over the wall. Richie and Eddies chatter followed in behind her as they entered the room.

  "Cool huh?" Ben said as he stood in the corner of his room. Richie shook his head slightly as he stared at the news paper clippings.

  "No. No. No," Richie said as he stepped closer to the wall. "Nothing cool. Nothing cool." Mikayla rolled her eyes at him as she looked at what Stan was pointing out.

"What's that?" He asked curiously as all of their eyes turned to Ben.

"Oh that," he said with complete confidence, "Thats the charter for Derry Township."

  "Nerd alert," Richie teased.

"No actually, it's really interesting," Ben said causing Mikayla to read over the blurry words on the paper. "Derry started out as a beaver trapping camp."

"Still is, am I right boys?" Richie commented as he turned to Stan, Eddie, and Mikayla with his hand raised. Stan shook his head no as Eddie looked over at him.

  "I am a girl, asshat," she said as she wandered away from them to see whatever Bev was looking at.

  "What ya looking at?" She asked as her scanned over the pictures on the walls.

  "Just photos of the town," she mumbled as her fingers brushed over a few.

  "Interesting," She hummed with a small smile before turning her attention to Ben and walking back over to Stan. Pressing her cheek against his shoulder as Ben continued to talk.

  "But later that winter they all disappeared without a trace," he finished as Eddies own voice piped into the conversation.

  "The entire camp?"

"There were rumors of Indians, but no sign of a attack," he said as he stared at one photo of a ton of well dressed men. All of them leaning over a giant boom as they wrote in it.

  "Everyone just thought it was a plague or something, but it's like one day everybody just woke up and left," he finished as Mikayla shifted uncomfortable on her feet at the story.

   "The only clue was a trail of bloody clothes leading to the well house."

"Jesus," Richie said as he stared at the wall. Mikayla's eyes closing for a moment as she wrapped her brain around the new information.

   "I didn't know Derry was all mysterious," she commented as she lifted her head from Stans shoulder. "Makes you think..."

Out of no where Richie, Ben, and Stan all started to argue. Mikayla rolling her eyes before joining in herself.

"W-Where was the Well House?" Bill asked as they all turned to look at him.

  "I don't know. Somewhere in town I guess," Ben said as he slapped his hands lightly against his legs. "Why?"

"Nothing," Bill mumbled as he stared at the wall they all where looking at earlier.

After a few more hours of talking and hanging out they all went home. Mikayla immediately crashing in her bed.

-

Mikayla sat in the middle of a meadow. Bright yellow sunflowers grew from the ground all around her. She looked to her left to see Stan sitting next to her. His bird notebook in his lap as he sprawled down notes of each bird that flew over head.

  Carefully, the brunette girl leaned her head against his shoulder. Her eyes closing as she hummed quietly to herself. The next moment when she opened her eyes again they where standing, correction, running.

  Stan had his hand tightly clamped to hers as he yelled. His mouth moving to form words but the words never reaching her ears. She looked at him confused. His own terrified brown eyes meeting hers, before he tripped and fell.

  Mikayla falling with him. The feeling of fire clawing at her skin covering her knees. When she went to look at them the ground melted away from them. Both her and Stan fell through nothingness.

  "Stan?" She called out as she reached for the boy. His mouth sealed shut as his head turned to her. A look of terror covering his face.

  A loud shriek left Stan as they hit a rocky floor. Her body sinking into floor the minute she hit the ground. Her eyes widening in terror as she watched a giant spider grab onto him.

  "Help me!!" He yelled as he reached out towards her. Her body frozen in fear as she stared at the black arachnid. It's beady black eyes staring right back. Stans own terrified ones looking at her.

  "Mikayla!!" He yelled again. Her body jerking forward as she tried to force herself to move from the spot. The ground pulling her deeper as she struggled to get to him. His head getting closer to the spiders mouth as she watched helplessly in horror.

-

A/N: helllllllloooo! How did you like this chapter? I am kinda sorta okay with it.

  HOW DID YOU LIKE THE NIGHTMARE SCENE? I don't have nightmares but when I do they are normally extremely confusing. So I tried my best to do that.

Also, the song doesn't really make sense for the story. It's just what I listened to while writing her night mare.

I GOT 100 VIEWS ON MY STORY WHOOP :)

Short authors note and chapter, because I can. TALK NEXT CHAPTER!

MWAHHH!!!