21

unedited

"Oh, shit, it's grey water," Eddie spoke as they stepped out into a street pipe. The group of kids following after Mikayla as they all shouted out, or whispered Stans name. Mikayla's heart pounded in her chest, as she flashed her light in every direction.

How could she have lost Stan? It must have taken him. He would never wander by himself! He was to smart for that. She felt tears pulling to her eyes. She began to fiercely blink them away as she clutched her flash light. Spike abandoned at the top of the well. A loud scream was heard which sent Mikayla running in that direction.

"Stanley!" She cried out as the rest of the group followed with loud splashes and shouts of the curly haired boys name.

They came to a door rather quickly, and began tugging and pushing on it. Mikayla held back sobs as she felt desperate to get to the other side. They all stopped, and for a small moment in the chaos of yelling, they pushed together and opened the gate.

The door flew open to reveal a larger room with a drain running downwards in the middle. A chill running up her spine as she noticed Stan in the corner, and something else on top of him with its mouth wrapped around his face.

"What the fuck is that?" Richie yelled as whimpers through out the group of boys was heard. The creature looked up at them. Their face distorted and eyes tilted. She knew the creature immediately.

Without hesitation the girl stepped forward and kicked the side of its head. Causing it to let go of Stans face, and back up hissing. Mikayla immediately knelt down and grabbed Stans face.

"Oh my god, are you alright!?" She practically yelled with concern as they buy tried to shiver the swarming kids off him. Sobs and screams, leaving his body as he pushed, and shoved them.

All of them chanting his name with concern as the girl watched him shrink away from them. Blood running down the sides of his faces, as they all attempted to calm him down.

"You left me!" He screamed as he looked at them all. Their rushed voices pleading with him as they tried to tell him he vanished.

"You promised, and you left! Your not my friends," he sobbed as Mikayla shoved past Richie and wrapped her arms tightly around the sobbing boy. Her face hurrying in his shoulder as she held in her own sobs of relief. He pushed against her slightly, as he continued to cry and yell at them. Eddies voice was heard over them as he continuously apologized. She felt more arms wrapping around her as Richie continued to say reassuring words.

"Stan, we'd never leave you. You disappeared," she spoke as Eddie let out a yell.

"Bill!" He spoke causing everyone to turn and look in the direction Eddie had looked. All of them standing and beginning to follow him.

Mikayla stood up and helped Stan up. The boy hiccuping just slightly as he calmed down more. Her hand found its way to Stans, before she offered him a wobbly smile. She sniffled, stood up, and dragged him along with the rest of them. Holding desperately onto his hand.

They all ran after the sound of foot steps, and the echo of the stuttering boys name. Mikayla kept her hand clamped around Stans, afraid if she let go he'd be gone again.

They turned down different drains as Eddie lead the way. Her heart pounded in her chest as they turned down another drain, and ran to the end.

They came to the sight of Beverly floating in the air. The group of kids rushing over to her immediately as they tried to pull her down. Mikayla only using one hand as she kept the other still clamped to Stans.