15

unedited

Mikayla stood staring up at the Neibolt house. Her stomach twisting with fear as others around her talked. Her hands still gripped tightly around the handle bars of her bike as she watched the small chaos before her.

"Look you don't have to come with me," Bill began to say as everyone moved into the front yard of the abandoned worn down house. Mikayla staring up at him as was everyone else.

"But what happens when another Georgie goes missing?" Bill asked, his voice wobbly as he continued on. "Or another Betty, or another Ed Corcon, or one of us? Are you going to pretend it didn't happen like everyone else in this town. Because I can't," he continued as his voice broke for a moment. "I go home and all see is that Georgie isn't there. His clothes, his toys, his stupid stuffed animals."

Mikayla stared at the ground. She didn't want to make eye contact with Bill due to why she was thinking. She could care less about how Bill felt. She had this gut wrenching feeling that if anyone of them stepped into that house. They would be hurt.

"But he isn't. So walking into this house. For me. It's easier then walking into my own," He finished, she watched as he turned.

"Wow," Richie said as he stared at his back.

"What?"

"He didn't stutter once," Richie finished as he started to move up the stairs. Ben following behind.

"Wait," Miki yelped out as she felt tears prickling her eyes. "Some of us have things to lose. If we walk into that house, we may never walk back out," Mikayla said as she stared up at him. Her hands bawled into fists as she fought back tears. The idea of dying by that stupid clown swirling in her head.

"And if we don't we may be afraid for the rest of our lives," Bill said as he stared daggers at the girl.

"Shouldn't we have people keep watch," Stan asked quickly trying to shift the topic from death and fear. "Y-You know just in case something bad happens."

Mikayla looked back at Stan. His eyes moving from hers to someone else, and then back again. You could tell the boy was nervous. She couldn't blame him. She was nervous as well.

"W-Who wants to stay out here?" Bill asked, his hand still on the doorknob. Everyone, but Beverly, raised their hands immediately. Mikayla raised both of hers.

"Fuck," Richie said as he looked back at them, and then to Bill. "Let's draw straws."

"We don't have any straws," Eddie said as he looked at Richie as if he was a idiot.

"Use grass and cut it shorter," Stan said, each of them going and getting a strand of grass and then gathering together again. Bill tore three of them so they where shorter, and then turned so no one could see. He made them appear the same length and then turned to them.

"Alright, pah-pick one," he said starting with Ben. He moved his hand up to grab a strand and pulled it. It was one of the longer untouched one. Mikayla fidgeted in her spot as he heard him sigh.

Next was Beverly, she pulled a longer one as well. Then came Eddie, who sadly pulled one of the shorter ones. Curse words immediately began to fly from his mouth as he tried to back out of it, but ultimately failed. Mike went next, long one, and then Richie, who also got a short one and began to complain.

It was down to the last two strands. Mikayla looked nervously at Stan as he pulled a strand. She didn't want him to get a short strand, but she didn't want it to be long ether. She didn't want ether of the two to go in. She watched as Stan held up a long strand of grass. Bill then turned to Miki and handed her a short strand.