Page 46

I could sense Cliff grunt in frustration. Thank goodness i didn't wear that necklace this morning, but instead i wear the one that Elena gave me for my 18th birthday. Though, i should say sorry to her for sacrificing her gift, i should also thank her for it.

"You!How can you ever escape from in there?!!"

"Have you ever heard of Action movies? Yeah,i learned a lot"
I could her Jin snorted at my remarks.

"And i won't ever give this to you. Fight me, i'll show no mercy. You mess with my family..." i glance over to Elena,Jin and Suga, "...you mess with me"
I said and get into my stance mode, picking up the sword laying on the ground.

Cliff smirk and also pull out his sword, the one that he had brutally use to carve onto Jungkook's back. He charge first, but i just swiftly knocked him down, makinh him shocked by my sudden act. I had used all of the stance, sword skill, protection act. Everything that i had secretly learned from dad,Suga and Jungkook all these times. From the corner of my eyes, i could see Suga's impressed smile,the one that i had been dreading to see.

"Enough of this game!"
Cliff suddenly yelled, and as that,two guards grab my arms ,forcing me to knee on the floor.

I saw Suga tried to lounge forward, but as that, i could feel a sharp cold metal against my throat.

"One more move, and i'm gonna stab this through her fucking throat."

Suga stay still,eying Cliff with such anger that i'm worried he's gonna do an idiot act. I eyed Cliff that was staring at me with such hatred.

"If you don't want anyone else to get hurt ,hand me that freaking gem"

I gulped and slowly look away.
Slash

I wince, a few red liquid from my neck dropped onto the floor. I tried to touch my neck, but then realise both of it was firmly gripped.
"Enough playing! "

Cliff roughly pull my hair so that it is easier for him to pull out the real gem out of my pocket.

"Stay down!" the guards yell over.

I was confused if what happened,so i peek my eyes open, still trying to conceal the pain. At the tip of my eyesight, i could see Suga and Jin struggling to break free. They must had seen what happened.

I shut my eyes close. Come on Y/n, think! What could possibly turn the tables? Come on,now is the right time to use your brain girl! I sigh, it really look impossible from this perspective.

"I gotta say Y/n, you're really good, it's such a waste to throw you away. Your father is a fool, he should've prepare you to take over this. But instead, look at you. All stuffed up with paperworks and maps to mark and fake luxury"

I can't fight his words, because it was right. Dad didn't let me learn Swordmanship, i had to steal a look to get it, what less let me manage EverHill or even let me orgnise big deals. It was always those damn paperworks and boring stuff like make sure everyone is in the country and only leave when needed. That was not things you need to take over a country, it was only minor things. Things that not even deserve a second glance by the uppers.

I guess he sense that i'm agreeing with him, so he continued, "Really, what a mess. If you're with me, such thing won't happen. I'll made you a perfect lady who's my companion all the time. There was not a single time you will be left out"

I glance at him, and not intendedly saw the expression on Suga and Jin's face. It was pure worry and scared. It was also their fault, they would have at least said something to my father. Nine of these would have happen. Cliff hold out his hand to me, right infront of my face.

"Come, Y/n, show to everyone, show to EverHill, that you, are compatible in doing a lot of things! You, can rule EverHill, with me"

I stare down at his hand, feeling lustful to take it in mine.

"Come..." he whisper.

And i, reach out my hand to him,smiling in response as i take the gems in his hand into mine.It was almost like an urgent call, his hand. As if, when i take his hand, i was finally taking over EverHill, not with anyone controlling me, i'm sure we could work together, Cliff and I.

As the gems are in my hand, i glide away from him, earning a smirk from Cliff.
"Aww girl,don't tease me. Come on, hurry up and claim that throne"

He was just simply stating it, but his voice hides excitement in it. I smirk in reply, holding the gems over my head.

"Come on, don't play anymore"

I smile slyly, still keeping my postures and, the gems slide down gracefully.

"NO!!!!"

The sound of crashing echoes in the Throne Room.By the time i re-open my eyes, that i myself didn't remember when i closed it, i could see colourful shards of broken gems, shattering on the floor. And there's Cliff, sobbing on the floor,trying to put the pieces together.

"My lady...are you..."Jin was lost at words as he keep gazing at me. I realise Suga and Elena did the same.

I let out a dry short laugh, " I would rather die than betraying."

The three of them sigh in relief. As I silently celebrating with then,from the edge of my eyes,i saw Cliff didn't move from his spot, his back facing mine.
I saw him trembling.

"Do you really think, that i would join you, going against my own country, after what you did to Jungkook? That act,was a mistake,done by you, that I...would never forgive."

He trembles harder,to the point his whole body is shaking. But it all happened too face. Cliff lounge at me, swords in hand and a figure blocked him, and now he's on the floor,bleeding.

"JUNGKOOK!"
I ran to him and put my hand under his neck, laying him down and my thigh act as a pillow to him.

He was bleeding badly, his hand was on his stomach,applying force onto it, but he was so weak, his constant force on his stomach was getting lighter.

"Why...why would you do that?" My voice are trembling, and my eyes can't see clearly from all the tears in it. I could feel Jungkook lightly caress my cheek with his thumb, smiling along.

"I told you before, frown looks bad on you."

I shake my head, how? How can i possibly smile when the one i care for is lying on the floor,dying!
His touch is getting more and more lighter,i was afraid of the worse that could happen.

"You...you look so...comfortable to...to hug into. I hate that you were here,but yet, i can't...touch you"

And suddenly,his grip on my hand, loosen.