Returning Home

After their meeting with Morgana, they decided that she, Mordred, and a few others would be returning home with them to Camelot. So two days later, they rode out, and made the trip in two days.

Morgana took back her old chambers in the east wing while Mordred was made a knight. The other two sorcerers that came, settled into Merlin room. Merlin himself was told to move into the servants quarters that we're connected to Arthur's rooms.

"How long has this been here?!" Merlin complained when Arthur showed it to him. The doors had been hidden behind a tapestries in the hallway and in Arthur's own room. "Do you know how much time this world have saved me!"

Arthur rolled his eyes, "At first it was because I honestly thought you we going to drive me crazy or leave. And then it was because you were working for Gaius, but now that he has Quell, and Semor he's fine."

Merlin rolled his eyes and dropped his stuff on the bed. Arthur took the Magic books that Merlin had been keeping in his room and put them on a shelf for the warlock.

This room were much more spacious than his previous one. It had a desk, a bed, a dresser and a closet, and two bookshelves. Merlin began setting things out on the shelves and desks while flicking his hand to his cloths, magically hanging them up or folding them before putting them away. Arthur watched in facination as Merlin organized everything. "I've always wondered, why don't you clean like this all the time?" He wondered.

Merlin set a bottle of something on a shelf, "Because I just don't. Random displays like that just aren't my thing. And you shouldn't use magic for everything. Doing something with your hands increases your thinking skills and relaxes your mind. So I don't mind working with my hands for simple things. "

Arthur frowned, "I guess that makes sense."

Merlin took out something from his bag and placed in a desk drawer before whispering something. Arthur saw his eyes glow. "What's that?"

Merlin frowned, "Personal stuff."

Arthur frowned, "Hm." He'd never known Merlin to be sentimental. The only thing he'd ever seen Merlin keep as sentiment was the little wood dragon that he'd received from his father.

Merlin looked at his desk for a long moment before turning back to Arthur. "Thank you for all this."

Arthur rolled his eyes, "It wasn't any trouble."

"Arthur, I'm not stupid. All this furniture is almost new and was just brought in here."

Arthur blinked, "How'd you know?" He asked.

"There's no dust or scratches." Merlin pointed out. Arthur sighed, "The stuff in here was old and hadn't seen daylight in years and so I had replaced.

Merlin smiled and put a hand on Arthur's shoulder, "Thank you. Now believe you have a meeting with your advisors."

Arthur groaned, "Do I have to?"

Merlin laughed, "I ask myself that every single day."

°°°

"Merlin!" Arthur yelled when he walked into his room later that day to find that the servant was sitting on his window sill looking at the dark courtyard. When Arthur had first tried calling his name he got no response until he yelled.

The warlock looked surprised and gave a start, "What?"

"You were staring of into space." Arthur said, "Are you okay?"

Merlin nodded and Arthur punched his arm, "Cheer up. By the way, Morgana wants to talk to you."

Merlin frowned, "Why?"