Shut Up Gwaine

Arthur watched at Merlin talked to Mordred and Lancelot in the court yard. He was fully aware that Merlin could take care of himself, that didn't stop him from worrying. He stood on the steps of the castle waiting for some of the other knights to arrive from their homes in town. They were going to do some training.

"You're jealousy is showing through." A voice said beside Arthur. The king jumped and turned to find Gwaine standing next to him.

"What are you talking about?" Arthur said sulkily, he hated when Gwaine appeared out of nowhere like that.

"You're upset that Merlin is going to spend the day with Mordred and Lancelot and not you." Gwaine said with a smile. 

Arthur blinked, "Gwa-" bit the knight cut him off. "Come on Arthur. I see the way you act when it comes to him. Especially lately."

Arthur just gave the knight a blank stare hoping he'd shut up. But he continued, "The two of you have always been close but now you moved him into the chambers next door. He eats with you almost all the time to begin with and you've had him go out with you several times where it's just the two of you." Gwaine smiled, "And you look jealous when someone starts talking or flirting with him and you don't think anyone is watching."

"Shut up Gwaine." Arthur grumbled.

"Some I'm right aren't I!" The man broke into a huge grin.

"Gwaine!" Arthur hissed but the knight was far to happy with his confirmed discovery to listen. "I've been wanting to ask for so long but I didn't want to intrude or anything!"

Arthur groaned and took the knight by the shoulders, "Shhh."

Gwaine smirked. "You guys are so hopeless! You're going to walk circles around each other for ages if you keep this up."

Arthur blinked, "Walk circles?"

Gwaine laughed, "Good grief Arthur! You can't see what's right in front of you! The man obviously cares a hell of a lot for you. And the way he looks at you is completely adoration. He'd do anything for you." He patted the king's shoulder. "Don't let him get away." Then the knight walked off leaving the king bewildered.

~~~

Merlin, Mordred, and Lancelot walked through the streets of town. "So what exactly are we looking for?" Mordred asked.

Merlin shrugged, "Just whatever is creating the weird magical signature that is making my skin itch." Lance frowned, "It itches?"

"Like my skin is crawling." Merlin rubbed his hands, "Most magic does that to me but this is different."

Mordred closed his eyes, "I think we'd better go to the market." They set off in that direction and soon found themselves surrounded by the bustling throng of people.

Merlin stood for a moment before pointing to the right, "That way."

The other two followed him as he walked down the street before stopping in front of one stand that seemed to sell various trinkets. Merlin stepped forward and began to look through the wares. Before tapping on a box, "It's this." He said in surprise. The vendor who was standing behind the table looked surprised.

"Do you have magic young man?" He asked curiously.

Merlin raised an eyebrow, "I might. Why do you ask?"

The man looked excited, "Well, I've actually had several sorcerers comment on that box. But there seems to be a spell on it preventing it from being opened. I've tried looking for someone to open it but I just couldn't manage so I decided that I may just as well sell it."