You make me strong.

Chapter 17.

My fingers shook, all I could do was read the small card over and over again.

'Get well soon. - Love Mom'

This is a joke. A sick fucking joke and at any moment now someone with a camera is going to pop up and yell in my face "You just got Punked!" or some shit like that. I ran my hands through my hair nervously and shut my eyes tightly commanding myself to calm down. The card has no address, no information on the sender, for all I know the delivery man could have made a mistake and delivered the flower to the wrong person. I pushed down the service button on the head board of my bed and eagerly awaited for a nurse to come in. About five minutes later Nurse Cassidy walked in and right behind her was Presley. I didn't have the chance to say one word before his mouth was moving, and words were flying out.

"Wait, repeat that?"

Presley took a deep breath and released it through his nose, I watched as his nostrils flared out of irritation. Placing his hands gently on Cassidy's shoulders he guided her towards the door completely ignoring her protests, I bit my lips to stop myself from laughing out. When it was the just the two of us alone I tried my hardest to keep my face as neutral and free of emotion as possible to see what kind of a reaction I could get out of him.

"I said, I-I said I don't think your crazy, people say things they don't mean sometimes when they are blinded by anger, and you took that's shit the nurse gave you too, god only knows what it was. Do you feel ok? Do you want me to like get you some water, or I could bring the blonde chick back?."

"Presley- "

"Are you tired or hungry? I can get you something or we can watch a movie to take your mind off of things! I don't know what to do. Are you hot? I'm a little hot these windows, Uhm these windows should be open!"

Watching him pace back and fourth was giving me a headache and hearing him stumble over his words was almost to cute to be legal, a small giggle escaped my lips and he immediately stopped pacing so he could look at me. A small smile took over his face as he ran his hand through his hair making it stick up awkwardly.

"Here I am shitting myself and spitting out any fucking word that comes to my mind, while your laughing at me."

I smirked, "does this mean I make you nervous?". Who do I think I am trying to be cute while my hair hasn't been washed in over a week and I'm wearing this hideous hospital gown.

"It physically hurts me to say this, but fuck yes." he sighed. I rolled my eyes and patted the bed beside me calling him over. Presley curled up into the bed with me and allowed me to rest my head on his chest. His hand moved to the curve of my back and he glided his hand across my back slowly, in a comforting manner.

"What's this?" he asked holding up the small card that was attached to the flower.

"Oh it's nothing." I took the card out of his hand crumpled it and threw it somewhere across the room.

"It's almost Christmas you know." he mumbled, I sighed

"Get me out of here by then Presley."

He didn't respond so I though he had fallen asleep, but when I lifted my head to look up at him he was wide awake staring at the ceiling looking lost in thought. Feeling bold I scooted up and gently pressed my lips to his. He didn't respond so i pulled away embarrassed, but he gripped me softly by the back of my neck and placed my mouth back against his.

My stomach fluttered, and an overwhelming feeling of complete contempt took over me. I ran my tongue over his bottom lip, giving him the hint to deepen the kiss and when he did I almost exploded right there and then. His warm tongue tangled with mine as we eagerly explored each others mouths. Basking in the intensity of this moment. I swung my leg over his waist and he gripped my hips pulling me onto his chest the rest of the way without breaking the kiss.