chapter one - reunion

It's Sunday night in Los Angeles, California and I'm in my bedroom, getting ready for a party. I get to see my two best friends whom I haven't seen all summer. I didn't get to see them much last school year either, considering my mom had me in a private school for my freshman and sophomore years. But now it's a new year and I finally get to go to school with my best friends. It's junior year and it's going to be the best year of my life.

I ran down the stairs and grabbed my keys by the front door. "Bye Mom!" I yelled while going out the door.

"Bye, sweetie. Have fun!" She yelled back from the kitchen.

I got in my car and drove to the party. I was kind of nervous, because it's a party for the new high school I'm going to start tomorrow, but I'm happy I get to see my two best friends, Shaila and Nolan.  Shaila is a senior this year and she plans to go to college in New York.  Nolan is a junior like me, so at least when Shaila leaves, I'll have Nolan. I've known them both since kindergarten. Our mom's were a powerful trio, until I got into high school, my mom had a divorce and she put me in a private school and shut everyone out. They tried reaching out to my mom, but she just pushed them away. 

I pulled up to a giant house with music blaring. I got out of my car and walked up to the front door. Before I could knock, the door swung open, revealing a blonde girl, who looled around 16 years old. She smiled at me.

"Uh-hi. I'm Eliza." I said.

"Hi Liza; can I call you that?" She said with a smile.

I started to open my mouth to my to answer her question, but she started talking again.

"I'm Nicole, welcome to the party." She said with another smile on her face. She moved out of the way, letting me in.

I walked in and looked around at all the teenagers talking and dancing and drinking. I looked around to see if I could find Shaila or Nolan.

As I was looking, I wasn't paying attention to where I was walking and I bumped into something.

"Whoa!" I yelled as I fell to the floor.

"Oh, I'm so sorry!" A deep voice said.

"It's okay." I said as I looked up at who it was.

It was a handsome guy who looked around 17, with dark brown hair that was kind of messy, but flipped up perfectly. He was tall and had a sweet smile. I smiled at him as he helped me up.

"I'm Ethan." He said, keeping his smile.

"I'm Eliza." I replied, returning a smile.

"Are you new? I've never seen you before."

"Yeah, I just transferred here from a private school."

"Cool. I bet you'll enjoy it here. Are you a junior or a senior?"

"Junior. What about you?"

"Senior." He replied.

Before I could say anything else, a girl came up to Ethan's side and Ethan wrapped his arm around her waist. It was the girl I met at the door, Nicole.

"Eliza, right?" She asked as she looked at me.

"You guys met?" Ethan asked.

"Uh, yeah. At the door." I replied.

"I'm just going to go look for my friends; I haven't seen them in while." I said awkwardly as I walked away before they could say anything. I looked back as I walked away and saw them kissing. Unfortunate, he was cute.

As I was walking, I heard someone call behind me.

"Liz??!"

I turned around to see Shaila standing behind me with a huge smile.

Him & I  •  E.D.जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें