chapter eleven - hurt people

I woke up the next morning in Nolan's arms and still wearing my homecoming dress.

My mom knocked on my door.

"Honey, Ethan is here to see you. I'll send him up." She said outside the door.

Crap.

I shook Nolan until he woke up.

"Eliza." He said in a raspy voice.

"Nolan, get up! Ethan is here, you need to get out." I said.

"Where do I go??" He said, freaking out.

I looked at the window then back at him. He looked at me and made a pouty face.

"No, not the window. That's so tacky." He said.

I heard Ethan walking up the stairs. I pushed Nolan towards the window and opened it for him. He stopped and looked at me before he got out.

"I may be sneaking away this time, but I felt something last night and I know you did too." He said.

"I have a boyfriend, Nolan! Last night was a mistake." I said.

Nolan jumped out and safely made it to the ground. Ethan walked in the room and I jumped, standing by the open window.

"What are you doing?" Ethan asked, giving me a weird look.

"Just, admiring the view in my homecoming dress." I said, hoping he would let it go.

He gave me another weird look.

"So what's up?" I asked, trying to change the subject.

"Liz, I'm so sorry about last night. It's just my mom had an emergency." He said.

"Oh no, is she okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, she's fine. I just had to get home and make sure everything was okay." He said.

He sat next to my on my bed and grabbed my hands in his hands.

"Liz, I'm so happy I have you in my life. You've made me want to be better." He started to say.

As he said nice things, my guilt started to build up until I freaked out.

"Ethan, I think you have to go." I said.

"Uh, okay. Is everything okay? Did I say something?" He asked.

"No, you're perfect. I just- I need to poop." I said. I instantly regretted it. I had no idea where that came from.

"Oh. Okay. Do you want me to wait for you? I was hoping we could go out today since we have to go back to school tomorrow." He said, being as sweet as always.

"I can't, I'm sorry. I'll call you." I said, getting him out the door.

He left and I wanted to cry. I felt terrible.

I went up and showered.

----------

ETHAN'S POV;

Eliza kicked me out of her house and was acting super strange. I drove home and when I walked in, Grayson and Shaila were in the kitchen, cooking.

"Hey E." Grayson said.

"Hey." I replied. I walked up to them.

"Can I ask you something Shaila?" I asked.

"Yeah, what's up?" She said, smiling.

"Is everything alright with Eliza? I went over to her house this morning to apologize for leaving her at homecoming last night and she was acting super weird. Do you think she's mad about what happened?" I asked, worried.