chapter twelve - forgiveness

Two weeks have gone by and Ethan and I still haven't spoken a word. I think it's because neither of us know what to say.

Nolan has been trying to talk to me every day at school but I try all I can to avoid him. I can't make things right with Ethan when Nolan is confusing me.

Shaila has been pretty busy with Grayson lately, so I haven't talked to her much either.

My mom met a new guy and he seems to make her happy. It doesn't seem too serious, so I don't say much about it and I've never met this man.

----------

It was Saturday and I had already been to the gym, took a shower and went out to eat with my mom. I was so bored.

I decided to call Shaila and see if she was free by chance.

"Hello?" Shaila answered.

"Hey! Are you doing anything tonight? Wanna see a movie or something?" I asked.

"Oh, uh. I'm going out with Grayson and- well." She said.

"It's okay, I understand." I said.

"Did you want to come with us?" She asked.

"Really?" I asked.

"Sure!" She said.

"Yeah! Where are you guys-"

"Great, we will pick you up at 7." Shaila said, before letting me finish my sentence.

----------

ETHAN'S POV;

"Hey E. Shaila and I are going out tonight, do you want to come with us?" Grayson asked me while I was playing video games.

"No thanks." I replied.

"Come on man, it'll be fun. You need to get out and enjoy yourself." He said.

"I already am enjoying myself." I said.

He pulled me away from the tv.

"Hey!" I said, getting annoyed.

"Please dude." He said.

"Fine." I said.

"Great, we are leaving at 6:30." He said.

----------

ELIZA'S POV;

It was 7pm and I was waiting for Shaila and Grayson to pick me up. I heard the doorbell ring and I got up and answered it.

It was Ethan.

"Uh." Is all I could say.

"Hey. Shaila and Grayson are in the car." He said.

"Ethan." I said.

"Look, let's just get through the night please." He said.

We both got in the car and sat in the back. Nobody said a word the whole way there.

We pulled up to an ice skating rink. That got me excited.

----------

"Do you know how to skate?" I asked Ethan, as he was putting his skates on.

"I've never been ice skating." He said.

"Oh." I said.

"Do you?" He asked, surprising me.

"Uh, yeah. I did ice skating as a kid." I said.

He just smiled at me and continued putting his skates on.

After we all got our skates on, we headed for the ice. Shaila and Grayson went hand in hand and skated away. Ethan was in front of me and he was struggling to get on the ice without slipping. He put one foot in and then the other as he held the wall. I got in behind him and tried not to laugh at his adorableness.

"Do you need help?" I asked.

"I got it." He said.

"Okay." I replied.

I let him try skating himself since he wanted to be passive. I skated away but not enough to lose sight of Ethan.

Ethan let go of the wall and tried skating over towards me. I stayed there and watched him. He started coming towards me faster and faster and his facial expression looked worried.

Suddenly, his body slammed into mine and we both fell on the ice, Ethan falling on top of me. We looked at each other and laughed.

He got up and helped me up. I held both his hands in my hands and helped him balance.

"Thanks." He said, smiling.

"I always got you." I said, smiling back.

Ethan and I continued to skate, holding hands.

"So, you got any moves?" Ethan asked me.

"I don't know if I still have it in me." I said, laughing.

"Come on, show me." He said.

"I guess so, but if I fall on my face, you can't laugh." I said.

"I promise I'll only laugh on the inside." He said, teasing me.

I did a few tricks across the ice. It felt nice doing it again. It always makes me feel free.

After I was done, I skated back to Ethan and he was clapping.

"Wow, she's got the moves." He said.

"Stop." I said, blushing.

We skated around some more and enjoyed ourselves.

----------

"Did you guys have fun?" Shaila asked in the car as we were heading back to my house.

"Yeah, I did. Thanks for this guys." I said.

"Yeah, thank you for pushing me to get out Gray." Ethan said.

I looked at Ethan and he looked back at me and we smiled at each other.

---------

When we got to my house, I started to get out of the car.

"I'll walk you in." Ethan said.

He walked me to my front door.

"Ethan, I know I said this over and over but I'm really sorry for what happened with Nolan. I never meant to hurt you." I said.

"Look Liz, I'm not mad anymore. I forgive you. But I don't think I can be with you if you don't know how you feel about Nolan. I really want to be with you, but you need to figure things out with Nolan first. You owe it to yourself and to him." He said.

He hugged me and held me for what felt like forever ever.

"Well I should get inside, my mom wants me to have a movie night with her." I said.

"Okay, have fun." Ethan said, smiling.

I walked inside and saw my mom in the kitchen.

"Hi honey, I'm already popping the popcorn!" She said, excited.

"Okay, I'm going to get my pjs on and I'll be back down." I replied.

We were watching the movie and eating our popcorn when my mom looked over at me.

"What?" I asked.

"I want you to meet Rob." She said.

"Your boyfriend?" I asked.

"Yes. I invited him over for dinner tomorrow and I want you to join us. You can bring someone. Bring Ethan." She said.

"Okay, but I can't promise I'll love him. I don't trust anyone with my mom's heart." I said.

"This means a lot to me, Eliza." She said.

"Okay mom, I'll meet him." I said.

She smiled at me and we went back to watching the movie.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

THANKS FOR READING LOVES!!!