chapter fifteen - Christmas

It's been a couple of weeks since our birthday party and everyone is on break for Christmas. The twins are in Canada for break and Ethan and I haven't talked since we kissed on my birthday. I am very confused about how he feels, but I finally know exactly how I feel. I love him.

----------

It was December 23 and I had planned to meet Shaila and Nolan for breakfast. When I arrived at the cafe, they were both already there, drinking coffee.

"Am I late?" I asked.

"No, we just were out and decided to come a bit early. Sit down!" Shaila said, excited about something.

"Why are you so excited?" I asked.

"Well, Christmas is in two days and I think I finally figured out what I'm going to get Grayson." She said.

"What is it?" Nolan asked.

"There's a really nice shop just a couple of stores down from here and they have some really nice jewelry and watches; I saw Grayson looking at them before he left. Ethan was with him actually." She said.

I wonder why Ethan was there, maybe there's a watch there that he likes.

"So, are we going to go there after breakfast?" Nolan asked.

"Yes." Shaila replied.

----------

After breakfast, we did exactly that.

As soon as we got into the shop, Shaila ran straight to the watch she wanted to get Grayson.

Nolan and I looked around as well. I walked up to this really nice black watch that could be personalized inside the clock. It was very expensive, but I could see why.

"Are you going to get something for Ethan?" Nolan asked.

"Uh, I don't know. Why?" I asked.

"I saw you guys kissing at the party the other night, are you guys getting back together?" He asked.

"Nolan, I'm so sorry." I said.

"No, don't be. I just want you to be happy and if Ethan makes you happy, then I'm happy that you're happy." He said.

I smiled at him, then let out a little cackle.

"What?" Nolan asked, trying not to laugh.

"You said happy like four times in one sentence." I said.

----------

After Shaila was finished buying the watch, I took another look at the black watch I saw. I decided to grab it and purchase it.

"What would you like to put on it?" The lady at the register asked.

I told her what I wanted and she said it would be ready by tomorrow.

----------

I spent the rest of the day decorating the house and putting up a Christmas tree with Rob and my mom.

---------

The next day, I slept in until 1pm. When I woke up, I remembered the watch was supposed to be ready today. I got out of bed and got ready to go.

As soon as I got to the shop, the same woman was at the register. I walked up to her and asked about the watch.

"Yes, honey. Let me go in the back and get it." She said.

When she came back, she put down a beautiful, black matte box out with the companies name in silver imprinted on it. She opened it up, revealing the black watch. I smiled at it.