chapter two - study partners

The week has mostly gone by and it's finally Friday.

All this week has consisted of was talking to Shaila and Nolan about classes, smirks from Ethan and dirty looks from Nicole.

I was at my locker, organizing my books when I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around to see Ethan confidently standing there. "Hey" I said nervously; he hasn't said a word to me all week, so what does he have to tell me now?

"Hey. I was wondering if you wanted to do something tomorrow?" He asked.

"Don't you have a girlfriend?" I asked.

"Who, Nicole? Nah, she's just a friend." He replied with a smile.

"So you make out with all your friends?" I asked, crossing my arms.

"Just the special ones." He replied with that gorgeous smirk of his.

"Oh yeah? And how many "special" friends do you have?"

"Look, do you want to go out or not?" He asked, getting impatient.

Before I could say a word, the bell rang.

"Well, looks like I have to get to class." I said. I pushed past Ethan and started walking to my last class of the day, AP Calculus. I like to keep it low-key that I actually love math and I'm pretty great at it.

I walked into class and smiled at the teacher before sitting down. A few seconds later, Ethan walked in. I forgot that we had this class together. He took a seat next to me and leaned over and said "I'm going to keep trying, you know?". I just looked at him and rolled my eyes. As much as I'd love to be with him, he seems like a douche.

Class started and I began taking pages upon pages of notes. After class, I was packing up my stuff, when I heard the teacher call Ethan to the front. I overheard what they were saying.

"Mr. Ethan Dolan, you are failing my class and if you don't get your grade up soon, I'm afraid I'll have to drop you." The teacher said.

"I know; I just don't understand any of this. Please don't drop me; I need the credit to graduate this year." Ethan pleaded.

The teacher glanced over at me and we made eye contact for a split second before I quickly looked away.

"Ms. Eliza Wyatt." He began.

I slowly looked over and smiled. "Yeah?"

Ethan turned around and looked at me as well.

"You can tutor Ethan, can't you?"

Ethan chuckled.

"Uh-" I began. I didn't want to spend any extra time with Ethan, but I'd hate for someone to not graduate because I wouldn't help them.

"Sure." I finally finished.

"Great! Make sure your grade goes up and you're ready for the test in two weeks." The teacher said.

I quickly grabbed my stuff and left the classroom. Ethan ran after me and once he caught up, he started walking with me.

"So, looks like we are on for Saturday?" He said with a smirk.

"I guess so, but just for studying; nothing else." I said.

"Right. Just studying." He said.

"I mean it, Ethan."

"I do too. See you Saturday, Liz."

He walked off after that. I looked up and saw Nicole standing at her locker, glaring at me before slamming it shut.

Shaila walked up to my right side and Nolan walked up to my left side.

"Just like old days." Nolan said as he put his arm around me.

"Just like old times." Shaila repeated as she put her arm around me too.

"I love you guys." I said.

I don't know what I'd do without them.

"Do you guys wanna come over and we can do homework together?" Shaila asked.

"Yeah." Nolan and I said together.

-----

"Sooo, I'm hanging out with Ethan tomorrow..." I said, nervously.

"What??" Shaila yelled.

"Relax. I'm just tutoring him in AP Calculus."

"It's never just studying with Ethan." She said.

"Maybe Ethan doesn't see it that way, but I do and I will not let him do anything. Don't you trust me?" I said.

"Yeah. Sorry, he's a jerk and I don't want you to get hurt." Shaila said.

I hugged her.

"You're lucky Nolan left already. He would go insane if he found out you were going to be anywhere near Ethan." Shaila said as she laughed.

"I know! That's why I waited till he left to say anything." I said.

"Oh little Liz. Welcome to public school." Shaila said as she was hugging me.

"You have no idea." I whispered.

•••••••••

Tomorrow is the study session or should I say study "date"! 😉 Will Eliza stick to her plan and stay as far away from Ethan as possible or will he win her over with his charming ways. Find out in the next part of "With All My Love"!

♡♡♡

THANKS FOR READING THIS GUYS! I WANT TO HAVE FASTER UPDATES BUT I ALSO WANT THE CHAPTERS TO BE GOOD AND NOT RUSHED. IT'S A LITTLE HARD ON THE WEEKDAYS BECAUSE OF SCHOOL!! BUT I PROMISE I WILL COME UP WITH A POSTING SCHEDULE SOON.