chapter ten - homecoming

Today is finally the day. The day I've been waiting for my whole life. Okay, maybe just the past week, but it feels like my whole life. It's homecoming day and I get to go with the most amazing boyfriend in the world.

"Hey beautiful." Ethan said, grabbing me from behind.

"Hi E." I said, smiling.

"When are you going to be done here? Wanna go for lunch?" He asked.

"I can't, babe. I'm sorry. We still have so much to do here and as soon as I am done here, I need to start getting ready." I said.

I was helping set up for homecoming.

"Alright, well. I'll be home awaiting to see your beautiful face again." He said, smiling.

He kissed my cheek and left.

"Is that your boyfriend?" A girl who was helping asked me.

"Yeah, he is." I replied.

"He's cute." She said.

"Yeah, he's perfect." I said, smiling.

She just smiled and stopped talking to me.

After hours of setting up, I rushed home and got ready for homecoming.

My dress was pale pink, with long sleeves and a low-cut back. It was fitted and hardly flowed at the end. It was a long dress and went down to the floor. It was soft and thin material. It also had a light sparkle to it. Along with it, I wore pale pink, super sparkly heels. I put my hair in two french braids and sprinkled some glitter on the top of it.

I was finally ready when I heard my doorbell ring. My mom answered the door and called my name.

I slowly came down the stairs, trying not to fall in my heels. They both watched as I came down.

"Oh honey, you look stunning." My mom said, about to cry.

"Thanks mom." I replied as I hugged her.

I walked up to Ethan who still hasn't said a word. He was wearing a pale pink tie to match my dress.

"Wow. Just wow. I am so lucky. You are so beautiful, Eliza." He said, with a shocked look on his face.

I blushed and hugged him.

He took my hand and walked me outside. He drove us there.

----------

Once we got there, he parked the car and looked over at me.

"Liz, I got you something." He said.

He reached in his pocket and pulled out a black box, he opened it and in it was a beautiful necklace with a silver chain that was holding onto a small, light pink heart that said the word someday on it. I looked at it and smiled.

"What does someday mean?" I asked.

"It means a lot. When I met you, I told myself that someday I would have you and someday we would be together and someday, you'd be my wife." He said.

I wanted to cry because this was so sweet.

"Oh Ethan. This is so precious." I said, right before kissing him.

"Here, let me put it on." He said.

I turned around and he put the necklace on me. I looked at it on myself in the mirror and smiled even bigger. I looked back at him and he leaned in and kissed me.

"Shall we make an intrance?" He said.

"We shall." I said back, laughing.

----------