chapter seven - Jeremy

"So who's Jeremy?" He asked.

I froze up at that question. I wasn't sure what to tell him. "Uh-I don't know." I lied.

"He said you knew him and he seemed to know you." He said.

"I don't know, Ethan. I guess he's just some sort of creep messing with me."

"Well, he won't mess with you anymore." He said as he held me close.

---------

"So what, are you and Ethan dating?" Nolan asked as we were walking through the mall on Saturday morning.

"Well, not exactly. I mean, we've kissed, but we haven't really talked about where we stand." I said.

"Wait, you kissed him??!" He asked, getting angry.

"Yes Nolan, we kissed and it was fine. He's a good guy and I can make decisions for myself." I said.

"I know, I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get hurt." He said.

It felt good to just have some time with Nolan. We haven't really hung out in a long time.

I was walking with Nolan when my phone buzzed. I checked it and it was a message from Ethan.

Ethan: Party @ my house tonight. Invite your friends. ✌

"Who was that?" Nolan asked.

"Ethan. He's throwing a party tonight and we are all invited."

"Me, you and Shaila?" He asked.

"Yup and we need good looking outfits." I said as I dragged Nolan to a store.

---------

"So, are you guys excited?" I asked as I was driving Shaila and Nolan to Ethan's party.

"Totally! Is Grayson going to be there?" Shaila asked.

"I'm assuming so." I said.

"Well, as long as we don't stay out too late, I'm good." Nolan said.

"What's the matter? You getting too old for parties? Do you need to retire, old man?" Shaila said, teasing Nolan.

"Hey, I can party harder than you ever have, ms. I can't hold down a sip of alcohol." Nolan fired back.

"Okay, okay guys; we're here. You can stop fighting now." I said.

----------

We knocked on the front door of Ethan's house and he opened it.

"Hey guys. Welcome." He said, smiling.

"Hey." Nolan said coldly as he walked past Ethan.

"Hey, E." Shaila said before walking off too.

"Sorry about Nolan, he's-" I started to say.

"No, no. It's fine, really. I'm just glad you're here." Ethan said.

"Me too." A voice said behind us. We turned around and saw Nicole standing there.

"Who invited you?" Ethan said, getting angry.

"I have friends." Nicole said. "Like my good friend, Jeremy."

Suddenly, Jeremy came up out of nowhere, standing next to Nicole. How could she know him? Did she reach out to him, did he reach out to her? What's going to happen? Everything is going to be ruined after tonight.

I started having a panic attack and I ran to the bathroom and started throwing up. When I was finished, I walked out not ready to face what's about to happen. I was walking back to where Ethan was when someone grabbed my arm and stopped me.