Chapter Eight

(Sky's POV)

I followed Laura into another room, this one larger than the last one, with a large mahogany desk and a few matching chairs next to a bookcase to the left. Occupied in those seats were two middle-aged people, a man and a woman, who were both engrossed in conversation...well, until they looked up and saw me. Both of them went silent, and the woman stood up with a smile. She was taller than me, probably thanks to her beige heels, with short cropped black hair and light blue eyes. Freckles dusted her cheeks, and there was a beauty mark just under her nose.

The man stayed seated, and instead looked curiously at me with brown eyes. His dark brown hair was slicked back with gel, making him look sophisticated and 'in charge'.

I glanced back at the woman, seeing the smile still on her face, and gave her a shy smile of my own. "H...Hello."

The woman's eyes brightened, and she clasped her hands together. "Are you Sky?" She asked, with a light Italian accent.

I nodded and shyly looked away, wringing my hands together. I bit my bottom lip and glanced at Laura, who smiled at the woman and held out her hand. "Thank you for coming on such short notice." She said, smiling at the woman in front of her.

The woman returned her smile, and shook her hand, her eyes briefly meeting mine. She walked over to me, and my heart rate picked up when she placed her hand under my chin and moved my head around. "He's quite adorable, isn't he sweetie?"

The man that was sitting in the chair barely even spared me a glance, and nodded. "Stop doting on him, Katelynn." He then stood up and reached into his shirt pocket, pulling out a pair of glasses, which he proceeded to put on. He walked over to Katelynn and wrapped an arm around her, pulling her towards him. "Hello, Sky. My name is Allen Jones, and this is my wife Katelynn. It is a pleasure to meet you."

I nodded shyly, and gave him a small smile. "The pleasure is all mine, sir." I replied, tucking my hands into my pants.

I talked with them for an hour, occasionally conversing with Laura. Basically they just talked about enrolling me in school, or if I had any allergies to anything, or if I was still a virgin...which was really weird, by the way. I have no idea what my virginity had to do with anything relevant. And of course, I blushed immensely when they asked.

But, overall they were really nice, and they told me how I would be sharing a room with their son Lucus, who, according to them, was about my age. I didn't tell them that I was older than them by thousands of years, they would have never believed me. I mean, who would? I sure as heck wouldn't, if I were in their place.

We left at about three thirty and began heading to Wilmington High School. I sat in the back, watching the scenery pass by, occasionally answering a question either Allen or Katelynn asked me. I fidgeted in my seat, nervous like crazy. I wrung my hands together, and I aggravated my bottom lip in between my teeth. I kept thinking about what it would be like to be...well...normal. I also wanted to know what a human high school was like. Was it like Heaven? No, of course not. Why did I keep comparing Earth's way of things, to Heaven's? Maybe because that's the only thing I can compare anything to. I thought absentmindedly.

I sighed and looked outside, twirling a strand of black hair between my fingers. I watched as trees and grass passed, watched as birds flew by with worms in their mouths. I smiled softly at that, wishing I was back home with all of my pets. Pets that I created. Cats, dogs, a few fishes, and quite a lot of birds. What? I loved animals! And my love for them didn't help that I was an Angel of Life, either. It was in my nature to love every living thing.

I wonder how my pets were doing, though. Were they alright without me? Were they being fed properly? I bit my bottom lip, and crossed my left leg over my right, my fingers tapping against my upper thigh. And how was Father doing? Was he ok? Had there been any more attempts on his life? He hadn't sent me any instructions yet...hopefully he was ok.