Chapter Eleven

When I woke up, I felt refreshed. I felt like new, my body relaxed and my mind clear...it was an amazing feeling. Well...was an amazing feeling. Lucus came into the room and basically pushed me off of the couch, making me fall to the floor with a grunt. I peered at him over the blanket that had fallen on top of me, and sent him a glare in which he gladly returned.

"Get up. Breakfast is ready." He said, then stormed out of the room.

I rolled my eyes and sat up, my back protesting from the sudden embrace the floor randomly gave it. I rubbed at my lower back, a scowl on my face, and stood up. I folded the blanket neatly onto the couch and left the room, stretching as I walked downstairs to the kitchen.

When I walked into the room, I was greeted with the scent of waffles, and syrup. I closed my eyes and took a deep sniff of the air. Ah. The smell of food in the morning. I opened my eyes and walked further into the kitchen, watching Allen move around the stove fluently, as if he felt more at home in the kitchen, than anywhere else in the house.

He looked less businesslike than he did yesterday, his coco brown hair free from gel and messy, standing up in random places, as if it defied the very laws of gravity. He wasn't wearing a shirt, his muscles glistening from a thin layer of sweat that was forming onto his skin. He was wearing grey sweatpants, some kind of tribal design near the bottom on the left side. No wonder he was married to someone as beautiful as Katelynn, he was quite a looker too.

"Ew. Don't tell me you're checking out my dad now, freak."

I jumped and spun around to face Lucus, who had gotten dressed into a low collar t-shirt, and dark grey jeans. He left his nose piercing out, and instead, opted for his usual earrings, which were housed near the top of his right ear. I scratched the back of my neck, and shot him a failed attempt at a glare. "I was not 'checking' you dad out."

Lucus raised an eyebrow, and crossed his arms. "Oh yea? Then why were you staring at his ass like it was the last steak at Red Lobsters?"

My eyes widened and I blushed, my mouth opening in shock at his accusation. "I was not looking...there! What is wrong with you?"

"A lot of things," Lucus admitted, shrugging his shoulders, and stuffing his hands into his pockets. He stared at me for a couple of seconds before he leaned in close to my face. "Stop checking my dad out. He's not available."

I threw my hands up in exasperation, an irritated huff coming out of my mouth. "I'm not even into men! I appreciate their looks, yes, but I very much prefer women. So...I was just appreciating your father's beauty, that's all."

"Oh really?" Lucus countered. "How many girlfriends have you had?"

I blushed and opened my mouth, only to close it again. Oh my gosh...he was right. I never had a girlfriend before. Come to think of it...the only females I have ever been surrounded by...were my sisters, and I'd rather be castrated than to be intimate with any of them. And for some reason, the more I thought about it...the more Anabell popped into my mind. There was just something about her...something I liked. And she was quite beautiful, too. Not only that, but when the school was letting out the students, my eyes...well...may have lingered on a few girls. What? I was a man! And...I was just curious, since the only women I know are all related to me. So what if I let my eyes stray a bit? It was only natural...wasn't it?

I looked back at Lucus, who was staring at me expectantly, waiting for my answer. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "No. I've never had a girlfriend."

Lucus tilted his head, a smirk slowly spreading onto his face. "No, but you like someone, don't you?"