Chapter Fourteen

Shopping, well...it was a very interesting activity. We went to about four places, Target, Rue21, Ross, and Kohls. Our next stop was apparently Hot Topic, and looking at Lucus, seeing him squirm in his seat, I deduced that this was his favorite store. When we got there, I made sure to follow closely to Katelynn and Lucus, occasionally glancing at Katelynn to see if her 'happy-go-lucky' facade would drop, and she would go back to how she was back at the house. Even just thinking about it sent shivers down my spine.

I tore my gaze away from her, and instead walked over to a rack which housed an assortment of t-shirts, and jeans. I plucked a shirt from the rack, and turned it over to look at the front. There was an image of a wolf howling on a cliff, at the moon. The colors were pretty, but I didn't like the shirt enough to get it. I placed it back on the rack, and pulled out another shirt, this one having a picture of an obscene anime character on it, making me blush and hurriedly put it back. What was up with people and half naked women? Seriously, they need to stop subjugating women like that. They were people, not objects to oogle at.

I moved away from there, and walked over to the wall, glancing up at the many examples of t-shirts they had. My eyes landed on one with a picture of a pug on the front, and an I can't help that I'm adorable, written in bold white letters. I chuckled softly to myself, and went to search for the shirt. When I saw where it was stored, I bent down and searched for my size. Size small. There we go. I plucked it from the other shirts and held it close to me, as I went in search of some more clothes. I saw Lucus by the cashier looking at some belly rings, and I raised my eyebrows. Weird. I didn't think he'd be the belly ring type. But, then again, I didn't know all too much about him, did I?

I looked away from him, and walked over to a pants rack, thumbing through the different pants until I came across a pair of black skinny jeans, which gradually changed to dull silver at the bottom. I looked at the size, and sighed in disappointment when I saw that it was two sizes bigger than me. Well, that sucked. Those pants would have looked good on me. Not that I'm vain, or anything...I just thought they would do well in accentuating my pale skin. Honest.

I went to turn around, but ended up bumping into something. No...someone. I blushed and looked up to see Lucus glaring at me, his lips pursed in irritation.

"Watch it, asshole."

I chuckled nervously, and scratched the back of my neck. "Sorry, you snuck up on me." I said, frowning when Lucus just walked past me, as if he didn't hear a word I had said. I rolled my eyes at his rudeness, and walked over to him as he searched for a pair of pants. When I got near him, I crossed my arms and sent him a glare, in which he gladly ignored. "I said I was sorry, Lucus."

Lucus shrugged, pulling out a pair of bleached skinny jeans from the rack. "Yea, so? People apologize all the time. Words mean nothing here. Only actions."

I rolled my eyes and looked away from him, watching a rather...pretty girl search for a dress. I felt myself blush, and I quickly looked away before I was deemed a pervert. And I definitely was not one. Honestly. I looked back at Lucus to see that he had tucked the jeans under his right arm, and was moving away from me to the rack near the wall. "Hey! I'm not done with you yet!" I exclaimed, following him with long strides. "What did you mean by that?"

Lucus sighed in irritation and shot me a look, tilting his head to where his bangs fell over one of his eyes. "I mean, you can say many things. Sorry, I didn't mean to, things like that. In this world, that means nothing. You have to truly show someone that you mean what you say."

I furrowed my eyebrows, and frowned. Show that I was sorry? How would I do that? Buy him something? But...I didn't have any money. I lowered my gaze to the shirt I held under my arm. I was just...leeching onto Katelynn. I mean, she was the one spending all this money on me, when he hardly even knows me. And now, I felt guilty that I had her spend over one-hundred dollars on me. Maybe I should put this shirt back...I mean, I had more than enough clothes, didn't I? Three pairs of pants and four shirts were good enough for me.