Chapter Twenty-Four

(Kendrik's POV)

I could not believe that, that bastard would strike without my call. Like, who the fuck did he think he was? He drew blood from my prey! I wanted to be the one to draw blood from Sky. Only me. Not this douche bag, who was sitting reclined on a black leather L-shaped couch as Corana glared daggers at him. I wasn't the only one who was pissed. Corana was too, since she was also in on hurting Sky. I had promised her one piece of the blonde if she helped me out.

And now, she was leaning against the entertainment system at our base, Sky passed out upstairs in that boy's room. She pushed away from the system, raking a hand through her dark black hair, her equally black eyes burning with raw hatred as she looked at Lycan.

"What the hell were you thinking in attacking our prey, demon?" She asked, her voice low and raspy, but still feminine.

Lycan rolled his eyes, but even I could see the fear that resided within those dark depths. He folded one leg over the other, and acted like he hadn't the care in the world that he was technically being threatened by the Angel of Deception. "I just so happen to have been walking when the kid attacked me." He said, though I knew he was lying.

I knew he had been hired and I had a sneaking suspicion that it was that bitch Pyra, sticking her nose where it didn't belong. I mean, she was angry at me for withholding information from her. No doubt she would be pissed enough to hire a demon to hurt Sky. I seriously think that she was trying to piss me off, and unbeknownst to her, Corana was ready to rip out some intestines. I tuned back into the conversation as Corana sneered at Lycan.

"Bullshit," she seethed, "I know you were hired by someone. I just don't know who yet. But, when I find out, I will rip their intestines out through their nose and wear it as jewelry."

I raised my eyebrows at her colorful imagery, and darted my eyes back to Lycan to see his reaction. I could clearly see the fear in his eyes intensify but, kudos for him, he managed to keep a blank face.

"What makes you think I'll tell you anything?" Lycan dared, causing Corana's black eyes to narrow dangerously.

"Need I torture you as well to get the information I want?" She pressed.

Lycan gulped, but dared to meet her gaze with his chocolate eyes as he lifted one booted foot onto the table. "I gave an oath that I would not tell you whom I was hired by. I promised her that I would not say anything."

So, it was a woman. But who? Personally I still thought it was Pyra, but would she really stoop so low as to hire a demon? And one as obnoxious as him? I lifted my gaze and met with Corana's, her black orbs telling me to follow her into the kitchen. She started moving away, and I made a move to follow her, stopping once we were out of Lycan's earshot and in the kitchen.

"Whom do you think hired him?" She asked after a moment, her eyes gazing thoughtfully at the marble counter.

I leaned against the island and picked an orange up from the fruit bowl, using my nails to peel the skin away. "I think it's Pyra. She was pretty pissed at me the last time we spoke."

Corana regarded me with a semi-surprised look, flicking her bangs out of her eyes, not that it did any good, since it came right back where they were. "So, the bitch has figured out that we are in the presence of Sky? How did she find out?"

"I'm guessing Adam. That asshole knows just about everything." I muttered irritably as I peeled away the last of the orange skin, taking a bite and savoring the ripe juices.

"I wouldn't be surprised. Since that damn ability of his." Corana stepped beside me and leaned on the island next to me. "Damn. With not only Pyra on our backs, but Adam's as well, this will be more difficult than I thought."

I glanced at her, the juices from the orange dripping down to my chin. Corana lowered her gaze to the juicy trail and leaned up to lick it away, making me purr hungrily. She stepped back, her lips barely brushing against mine, and smirked, resting her hand on my upper bicep. "You know...if we weren't currently trying to interrogate a poison demon, I would so fuck you into this counter so hard that you bleed." I murmured, my lips brushing into hers.

She smirked, her eyes twinkling with mischief as she pressed her body up against mine, her breasts pushing against my chest. "Do not worry, Ken...we will have plenty of time to ravish one another when this mission has been completed."

I groaned and rolled my eyes, pouting as I met Corana's gaze. "But who the hell knows how long that'll take? It could be weeks, years even." I batted my lashes, and nuzzled against Corana, "I'm desperate."

Corana chuckled, but to my dismay, turned away from me and began heading back to the living room. I rolled my eyes and followed her, seeing that Lycan still had not moved from his place, instead, looking chill as if he had all day. Too bad for him, he wouldn't be relaxing for long. I smirked, waving my hand, and teleported everyone to the basement. Lycan was teleported into the chair, and I didn't even have to lift a finger for the straps to buckle securely over his arms and legs. His eyes widened with panic, and I saw his eyes fill with fear and dread.

I glanced over to Corana, who walked over to one of the tables that were filled with various torture devices ranging from a simple knife, to more intricate devices that would put Jigsaw to shame. She picked up a long, curved knife, and flipped it as she lifted her gaze to the demon.

Lycan stiffened, his eyes wide as Corana made his way over to him, the knife held securely in her hands. She pressed the tip of the blade to Lycan's cheek, and he tensed as he met her eyes.

Corana smiled slowly, her eyes promising immense torture. "Will you tell me who hired you now? If you give us what you want, I promise not to harm you. Too much, that is. I still need to teach you a lesson for touching a prey that belongs to someone else.

Lycan gulped and looked at me for help, only to have his hope diminished as I smirked and narrowed my eyes. He looked back at Corana, shaking as she gently slid the blade down his cheek, a small hairline of blood dripping from the tiny cut all the way to his chin. "Look, I'll be killed if I tell you who she is. Please..."

Corana narrowed her eyes and applied more pressure to the knife, making the demon cry out as his cheek was sliced. "I'll kill you if you don't give me any information, scum. So you either get killed by her, whoever the bitch is, or I'll kill you myself. And I won't be so gentle, either." She promised, her hair a curtain around her face as she leaned down to meet Lycan's gaze.

"But...I made an oath-"

"I don't give a damn about your oath!" Corana yelled, making Lycan jump. "I want to know the bitch who put a hit out on my prey. I want to know the bitch who told you that you can touch something that didn't belong to you! Now. Who. Is. It?"

"I can't tell yo-"

Lycan screamed as Corana dug the blade into one of his lungs, blood trickling down his lips and onto his lap as Corana twisted the knife. She roughly grabbed his chin and made him look up at her with dazed eyes, blood cascading onto Corana's fingers as she held up his head in a death grip. "I'll give you one last chance, or else I will cut off that tiny thing you consider a dick, and force-feed it to you."

I grimaced at the imagery, wincing inwardly as she placed the tip of the knife at Lycan's genitals. I watched Lycan gulp, his eyes trailing down to the knife, breathing heavily from fear.

Corana tilted her head towards him, a sadistic smirk forming on her lips as she began to slowly apply pressure to the knife. Lycan's eyes widened and tears sprung from those depths, but he finally broke and screamed one thing that had both Corana and I cursing the depths of creation.

It was a woman who hired him. A powerful woman. One that we were powerless to go against.

Kyomini, the Queen of Hell.

Well, this shit just got more complicated.