Chapter Twenty-Seven

(Kendrik's POV)

It was very...well...awkward sitting here and listening to Adam rant about how worthless we were, and how we should have been more alert. After a few days battling ourselves internally whether or not we should tell Adam of our discovery, Corana and I finally relented and told the bastard everything. Including our knowledge on the whereabouts of Sky. To say in the least, the brunet was beyond pissed, his pale face a dark shade of red, and silver eyes snapping fire as he glared at us.

He stopped pacing around the room and crossed his arms over his chest, the silky gold tie of his suit glowing from the sunlight that poured through the room. Even though Adam had a babyish face, I stayed quiet, knowing what he was capable of. He was one of the Originals, the first batch of angels that were created before the Archangel Titan went crazy and murdered over half of them. There were only a handful of Originals left, and one of them was standing right in front of me. Pissed. Even I would admit that I was weary of him and what he was capable of. I mean, the bastard had another Original hooked on a leash, the last Original to be made before most of them were wiped out.

I tuned back in as Adam turned his gaze to the large rounded window that sat to our left. He silently walked over to it and stared out into the garden that rested below. He grumbled to himself under his breath, then sighed and turned towards me. "How long have you known Sky's whereabouts?" He asked, voice deep, but oddly soft.

I shrugged, brushing my shoulder-length black hair out of my face and behind my ears. "For a while. A day or two after Sky arrived in the mortal realm."

"And you didn't think it wise to tell me?" Adam pressed, narrowing his eyes.

I squirmed uncomfortably under his gaze, shifting my attention over to a large painting of a screaming man. "I didn't think it was necessary. Corana and I had it under control."

"By taking the place of his so called foster family?! Are you out of your mind?" Adam walked over to me with a sneer on his face, making me tense up and take a small step back. "You could have put your mission in jeopardy, Kendrik. Sky is a lot smarter than most people make him out to be. If you hadn't of told me, he would have found out eventually and fled to another state, hell another realm! You need to start using that brain of yours Kendrik, before you really piss me off."

Corana moved to his side, gently placing a hand on his arm and making him shoot her a glare. He yanked back his arm and took a step back. Corana merely smiled and crossed her arms over her chest. "Sir, we have everything under control. We are so very close in getting Sky to trust us. And when he does we will strike and take the sword. There's no need to worry yourself-"

"I'm not worrying myself!" Adam yelled, "I am just sick and tired of working with retards who put what I spent years planning, into jeopardy!" He stopped his ranting as the door to his office was opened, a tall gorgeous man walking through, his turquoise eyes curious.

"Um...am I interrupting something? Sir?" He asked, his voice a deep, raspy rumble.

Adam frowned and looked between Corana and I, then looked back at the new arrival. "Nothing of grave importance, Leviathan. What the hell do you want?"

Leviathan flinched and immediately dropped his gaze. "Alistare is searching for you, Sir."

"Damn it," Adam cursed, running a pale hand through his hair. "I didn't expect him to be here this early." He shot a glare at us, and dropped his hand to his side. "Do not think that this conversation is over. Either you get the damn sword, or I will do it my damn self. And trust me...you don't want me to doing your job. Because if I have to drag myself to the mortal realm because of you two integrates, it won't be just Sky that I will be torturing." With that he left the room, basically dragging the taller blonde after him.

I sighed in frustration and pulled a hand down my face. "That fucking asshole. I told you we shouldn't have told him."

Corana appeared at my side, placing an arm on my upper bicep. "Don't worry, Ken. I'm sure that he will forget about us once he has Father's sword in his hands." She tilted her head at me and pursed her lips. "Besides, I think it's about time that we finish this mission, don't you think?"

I furrowed my eyebrows, frowning when Corana placed a chaste kiss on my lips. "Wait...you mean now?" I pulled away from her and shook my head, tracing the intricate designs on the wooden floor. "Do you really think that's wise? I mean, Sky's still suspicious. And you heard Adam. Sky is way smarter than we think; he might figure out our plan and get away. If that happens, it'll be us that Adam is torturing. And I don't know about you, but I'm not wanting to see what that baby-faced asshole can do."

I heard Corana sigh in frustration, and I turned to look at her as she walked over to the large cherry wood desk and sat down, folding one of her long legs over the other. "Don't tell me that you've developed feelings for the blonde brat." She cooed innocently, glancing at her nails.

I glared at her and crossed my arms over my chest, leaning against the door. "Are you stupid? Of course I haven't. And damn it, you know I don't swing that way anyway. I'm just trying to not piss of Adam any more than he already is. He's an Original, we don't stand a damn chance against him." Truth be told, I thought Sky was an annoying little brat. With his blushing and apologizing. He truly was an obnoxious little brother, but I guess that came with the whole package. I mean, the blonde was literally the baby of the whole family. Whining was in his nature. However, despite that, Sky wasn't weak like one would think. Sky had been taught by an Original, the same one that had come into the room a few minutes prior.

However, if we played our cards right...we may be able to catch him off guard. And being in that house I could tell that Sky was starting to view Lucus as a friend, maybe even family. He even trusted Katelynn and Allen as well. So, maybe Corana was right. Maybe it was about time to finish this mission once and for all. Maybe even play a little mind game with the small blonde to make him piss his pants before we hand him off to Adam.

I looked back at the door Adam had went through and frowned at the wooden surface. I actually didn't want to hand Sky off to that bastard, but knowing what the man could be capable of made me stop any traitorous thoughts. I've had a small glimpse of what he could do to someone, Leviathan being the perfect example. The mere thought made me shiver and turn back to Corana, who was still staring at her perfectly cut nails in thought. I sighed, raking a hand through my hair. "Alright fine. We'll do it."

Corana smiled and slid off the desk, sauntering over to where I stood. She hooked her hands into my belt loops and kissed my chin, a mischievous smirk on her lips. "I knew you'd pull through." She said, her smirk turning into a smile. She kissed me and I melted, closing my eyes and sliding a hand around her waist. I pulled her up against me and thrust my tongue into her mouth, making her moan. We pulled apart and looked into each other's eyes, our breaths mingling together.

"We'll do it tomorrow. Dealing with Adam has me exhausted." I told her, pulling away from her form.

She smirked knowingly and placed a hand on her hip. "Alrighty then! Tomorrow it is! Now, what do you want the plan to be?"

I smirked to myself and walked over to the window, staring out into the vast green garden below. I told her what I wanted done and she nodded, occasionally commenting when I explained how I wanted it to go. I wanted Sky to be scared. I wanted him to question his mental ability. I wanted him to be terrified of me by the time I was done. He wouldn't be the same after this. I mean, who would? The plan was a perfect example of mental torture at its finest. Sky wouldn't know what to do with himself. And on the offhand chance he somehow manages to escape...there was someone far worse than me that wanted a piece of him.

Though, with me and Corana, Sky didn't have a very good chance in getting away.