Chapter Thirteen

(Sky's POV)

I opened my eyes and winced in pain, my muscles cramping and aching with each move I made. I sat up on the couch, my bangs a tangled mess in front of my eyes, and stretched, my back cracking in multiple places at the action. I brushed my bangs out of my eyes and stood up, my limbs numb from lack of use. The book I had been reading, fell out of my lap and landed on the floor with a smack. I winced and glanced over to the bed, seeing Lucus deep in sleep. He twitched when the book had fell, but he didn't move after that, making me breathe a sigh of relief. I walked to the bathroom and used it, my eyes feeling heavy with sleep. I flushed the toilet and groggily walked back to the room, nearly tripping on my feet on the way there. But, as I passed Katelynn and Allen's room, I heard someone talking in a hushed whisper. I was curious, but I didn't know if I should be listening. I mean, it sounded private. But my curiosity won, and I ended up stopping at the door. The door was closed, so I walked up to it, and silently placed my ear against the wood. Immediately, I heard a voice, Katelynn's, I deducted, furrowing my brows. She sounded urgent, and maybe slightly panicked. Then a man spoke. I didn't recognize his voice at all....it was deep, almost...purring.

"You don't understand, Ken, he doesn't want to wait any longer! He needs it now!" Katelynn was saying.

"I don't care what the fuck he wants, I'm not done here." The man, Ken, replied.

My brows furrowed together and I frowned, pressing my ear further into the door.

"Well..." I heard Katelynn sigh, "you better hurry up. He's getting impatient. And you don't want to end up like his whore, now do you?"

"We'll have to cut this short. It seems like we have a visitor."

I squeaked when the door abruptly opened, revealing a tall man with brown eyes and blonde hair. My face turned crimson as I blushed and my heart began racing at being caught. I gulped, and nervously began biting at my bottom lip.

Katelynn walked up to the door, sending me a suspicious look. "How long have you been here?" She asked, coldly. I shivered at the iciness of her tone.

She was acting completely different from the Katelynn that had took me in, and it was both suspicious and scary. I began slowly backing up, my back hitting the wall behind me. "Uh...um...n..not long. I...ah...was just going back to Lucus' room." It was true. I really had been going to Lucus' room. But I decided to keep my eavesdropping to myself. She would more than likely be angry to know I had heard this conversation with...this Ken guy. Which, upon looking at him, he was slightly familiar, though I couldn't place it.

Katelynn gave me a look of disbelief, and she raised her eyebrow. "Why are you up so early? It's only four."

"I...I...um...had to pee." I stammered, shrinking back from the intensity of her gaze. She didn't say anything else after that, merely nodding and watching as the guy brushed past me. Taking my chance, I slowly started inching along the wall towards Lucus' room, when Katelynn suddenly pierced me with a glare. I froze and gulped, smiling sheepishly as ran my hand along the wall, searching for the doorknob to the room. Chuckling nervously when I found it, I gave Katelynn a small smile and opened the door. "W...Well...goodnight. Or...morning." I bit my bottom lip, and hurriedly rushed into the room, closing the door behind me quietly, despite my racing heart.

Just who was that man? And who were they talking about? Who was angry, and impatient? Why were they talking in such quiet tones? Where was Allen during this? Surely he wouldn't have been in the same room as them, right?

Why were there so many questions that needed answering?

I let out a long breath, bringing up my left hand to rub at my face tiredly. I really wish Father sends me a letter soon. I really am lost on what to do. I ran my fingers through my hair, my fingers being stopped by the hairpiece that was securely in place. I undid the latch, and looked at it, watching the reflective surface almost...glow from the streetlight outside. Silver...to gold...silver...to gold, it changed. It was almost...soothing. I brushed my fingers over the snowflake shaped designs on it, a frown on my lips, before I glanced up, eyes trailing over to where Lucus was sleeping. He was curled up on his pillow, eyes closed, and lips parted as he inhaled and exhaled.