Chapter Nineteen

It's been a whole week, since I was taken into the arms of Katelynn and Allen. A whole week, to experience what the humans did...to have a small molecule of normalcy. It was amazing. I never expected that I would be this happy on Earth.

I still have not gotten a letter from Father yet, but for some reason...I didn't really mind that he was taking his time. I was fitting in greatly here, even having four new friends. Alice, Charlie, Drake, and Sarah. Heck, even Anabell hung out with me, including Lucus, who I had thought hated me. But, I guess even he could warm up to me.

I also haven't been attacked since the incident at the cafe, thank goodness, but that didn't mean I would drop my guard. I still searched for any anomalies whenever I went out in public, whether it be to the grocery store, or to hang out with my newfound friends. I often spotted demons, but they never made a move against me, meaning that Father was doing a great job masking the sword's presence.

And that meant he was alright, which was a great weight off of my shoulders.

I turned to my side and glanced up at the clock from my spot on the couch, the clock upside down to me as I leered at it from the back of my seat. It was five thirty. Time for a shower. I set the book I had been reading down, and got up to head towards Lucus' room, peeking in to make sure he was decent before I made my way to my small dresser to pull out some clothes. I was making my way out of the bedroom, when I accidentally bumped into Allen, who looked surprised for a moment before he composed himself, going back to his business like attitude.

"Sorry. I did not mean to bump into you." He said, his eyes guarded for some reason.

I blinked and blushed, rubbing the back of my neck awkwardly as I averted my gaze from him. "N...No it's my fault. I...I wasn't looking where I was going." I felt something on my head and glanced up to see that Allen had his hand in my hair, ruffling the obsidian strands with a concentrated look on his face.

He smiled at me and I blinked in confusion, watching as he walked past me and went into his room. I stared at his bedroom door, wondering what the heck just happened. I blinked, then frowned, and finally shrugged before I walked into the bathroom, shutting the door behind me. I shrugged off my shirt, throwing it into the hamper to get washed, and slipped out of my jeans, the fabric making a thunking sound as it hit the floor. I frowned, bending down, and started patting the fabric with furrowed brows. My hand hit something hard in one of the pockets, and I dug into the pocket to pull out a rock...with a note attached to it. I tilted my head to the side and untied the string that went around the note, taking the paper and unfolding it to read what it said. My heart immediately began racing as I recognized Father's handwriting, and I bit my lip, my eyes scanning over the familiar swirls and dips of the writing.

My dearest Sky,

I am so sorry that I have not sent you any instructions as of late, but as you may know I am in quite the predicament right now. Adam's forces grow larger with each day, and he's even conspiring with creatures from a different pantheon. So far he has made allies with the Japanese, the Celtics, and even the Egyptians. So I want you to be completely on guard. Never drop it, for everything is not as it seems. Now, it may be a while until I can contact you again, but I will endeavor to do my best to make sure you don't get hurt. Stay safe, Sky. And don't get too close to the people around you, for it is as I said: nothing is as it seems down there.

-G

I blinked in disbelief, raising my eyes to stare at my reflection. Nothing is as it seems? What does he mean? Is one of our enemies nearby? If so, who was it? Why didn't Father tell me who it was? Was I supposed to find out on my own?

Father was supposed to make it easier for me, and instead he only gave me more unanswered questions.

What do I do?