Chapter Seventeen

(Sky's POV)

Ok...I take back what I said about school. It. Sucks. Alexis wouldn't leave me alone for nothing! And it was even worse when she followed me to my third period class and sat next to me after I announced my presence to the teacher. She kept...coming on to me, and she even tried touching my upper leg, in second period! What in the name of my father was wrong with her?! She also kept trying to show me her....ah...cleavage, not that it was completely covered anyway, thanks to her low-riding shirt.

And that wasn't even the worst part. She apparently didn't know the word...overuse. She was always like 'totally this,' or 'totally that', and to be honest...it was really...really annoying me.

So here I sat in my third period class, wishing and praying to my father in Heaven...that he would shut this girl up, or something! And coming from me...well...it was serious. I could only take so much...and I have hit the limit with this girl.

"-oh, and Kevin is totally hot too. You know, we actually dated once, but he was totally an asshole, you know? And then I met this cute guy Derrick, and oh my gosh you have to see his abs! They are totally lickable!"

I grimaced and placed my head down in my arms. I took a deep breath and counted to ten, making sure to place my breaths evenly. When I knew I wouldn't blow up, I turned towards Alexis, who stopped talking to smile sweetly at me. "Can I ask you something? And...please don't be mad at me?" I asked, biting my bottom lip.

"Totally! You can ask me anything!"

I diverted my gaze from her and looked down at the top of her desk, where the notes for this class was scattered over the top. I then looked back at her, watching her smile at me, her teeth perfect and white. "Can...you quiet down? Maybe for a few minutes? I...I'm not trying to be mean, or anything...I'm just trying to pay attention to the teacher. You know...so I can get all the information down...and stuff." I mean...judging from what I saw today, in terms of curriculum, I already knew all of this stuff. But...it was rude to not at least write it down. I mean, the teacher wasn't explaining it for nothing.

Alexis blinked at me for a few seconds before she surprised me with a shy smile, reaching up to tuck a strand of blonde hair behind her ear. "Oh...sure. Sorry, I get really talkative when I meet a cute guy."

I stared at her, completely thrown off, until I realized what she said, and blushed darkly. I averted my eyes and nibbled at my bottom lip, looking up to see Lucus randomly walk into the room. I frowned, watching as Lucus sat down in his seat, the teacher stopping her lecture to glare at the brunet.

"Mr. Jones, if you are late to my class one more time, I am writing you up. You're lucky that I'm in a good mood today. Now, get out your notes, and copy this down." She ordered.

I looked back at Lucus, in time to see him roll his eyes at her when she turned her back, and in time for him to shoot a smirk at me. I furrowed my eyebrows, and watched with a blush as he pointed to me, then at Alexis and made a crude...um...sexual gesture with his hands. My mouth opened in disbelief and he smirked, silently laughing in the air dramatically, before he pulled out a notebook. I looked away from him with flaming cheeks, ashamed that he would...do such a thing in public. What was he insinuating? That Alexis and I were...intimate? We most surely are not! And how dare he assume such! I have been pure as the day I was created, and I would be danged if I lose my purity!

"-alright, and now you will pick one other person, and write a conversation using the vocabulary words we just used. I will come by every single pair, and you will recite your conversation to me." The teacher was saying.

I snapped out of my thoughts in time to see everyone start moving towards each other, leaving me to sit awkwardly in my seat. Even Alexis left me and went over to her friend, a pretty brunette whose name I didn't know. I glanced over at Lucus, but saw that he had paired up with a redheaded girl, who...was very...exposed in her tiny skirt and belly shirt. I looked around the room in search for a partner, seeing that almost everyone was already paired together and working on the conversation. My eyes then trailed over to a lone, big-boned young man, who looked utterly alone as he doodled in his book. I frowned and stood up, making my way over to him and smiling at him when I got to his seat.