Chapter: Five

Ch. 5 The Concert

Niall deserved an Olympic medal for his ability to jump.  The boys had hopped on stage immediately singing Na Na Na. I was pushed up against the barricade as the need to touch the boys had become very real for some girls behind me. I looked over at Piper to check if she was alright considering all the people. She too was crushed as close to the stage as she could be but the way her face beamed made it clear that she was too happy to care. If she was happy, I was. Without a stop in between the boys started Stand Up. Were they trying to kill us girls with their voices? They jumped around cutely and got the crowd even more excited which I didn’t think was possible.

“Hello, Seattle!” Harry shouted right after they finished singing. Girls let out screams for a reply. 

“You guys are absolutely amazing!” Louis shouted afterwards. I watched Harry as his eyes searched the crowd as if he was looking for somebody. “We just want to give a massive thank you to all of you for being there for us.”

Queue more screams. I looked at each of the boys and watched them take in the crowd. For the second time today I met Zayn’s eyes on accident. He smiled and gave a short wave and then scooted over to Harry, while Louis continued to talk. He whispered into his ear and pointed me out. Harry’s eyes followed his finger point to me and a heartwarming smile spread across his face, like he was relieved to see me. He gave me a big wave and I gave him one back. He then looked over to Piper who’s mouth hung open in shock. He gave a sweet little wave to her too and in reply Piper slapped her hand across her mouth and with the other she waved generously. I laughed a little as she hyperventilated but was disturbed by the girl beside me. She hit my arm for my attention.

“Do you two know the boys?” The girl I guessed was fifteen or sixteen, asked me. She wore an ‘I love Harry’ shirt.

“Not really,” I didn’t know what to say. The girl’s eyes were wide for answers.

“Harry and Zayn waved to you! Also, Paul led you to your seat!” Her arms crossed.

“We just didn’t know where our seats were,” I said, which was the truth. We didn’t know where they were and it was better telling her that instead of revealing how we got them. Her eyebrows rose, like she still didn’t completely believe me but turned away and put her attention back on the boys. I looked back at Piper who was surprised at the conversation. I just shrugged it off, indicating to her not to worry about it. I just turned my attention back to the stage where Harry continued to stare, his face concerned. I just rolled my eyes at him so he’d know that mine and the girl’s talk wasn’t a big deal. He nodded like he understood and quickly took his position onstage for I Wish.

The way Harry could just walk around on stage and make everyone fan-girl was unreal. He was quite the tease as he stopped to sing to one part of the crowd and stopped to sing to the other part. As Zayn sang the last verse of I Wish, Harry found me again and gave me a quick wink. Piper gasped and I could feel the creepy fan beside me giving me an evil look. I refused to look at her, as I was scared she might want to tear my head off or something but I smiled at Piper happily.

The entire night. Harry continued to give me smiles, funny faces and finger points and I returned them. It was turning out to be the best night of my life.

“Are you having fun, Piper?” I asked her in between a song.

“Amazing fun!” Piper yelled. The boys got in their positions again as they prepared for another song. The band started the tune and it was immediately recognized. One Thing. The entire crowd sang along with them, it was almost impossible not to. Harry was staring as usual during the song, yet he wasn’t smiling. He looked as though he was thinking extremely hard. Before I knew it, Harry walked over, sat down onstage in front of me and took my hand. I accepted that I was going to die tonight by the way my heart was literally slamming itself against my chest to escape.

“Get out, get out, get out of my head and fall into my arms instead,” Harry sang to me as a bunch of jealous screams were let out behind me, “I don’t, I don’t, I don’t know what it is, but I need that one thing and you’ve got that one thing…” 

Harry then pulled me closer over the barricade and leaned in while the boys continued to sing onstage.

“Don’t leave after the concert. Wait here. Paul will come find you,” Harry whispered into my ear and then quickly stood back up to join the boys singing. I was frozen. Oh my god. Did you see that? She’s so lucky. Who is she? Who is that? I started to hear the girls squirm around me. I tried my best to ignore it and watch the boys, but the tension around me was insane. Piper started to look concerned and she finally realized how many people were around her and what a tight space she was in. Her claustrophobia started to get to her.

“Just a few more songs Piper,” I tried to comfort her. Harry looked over. He pointed to Piper and mouthed, Is she okay? “It’s the people. Too many people.” I said but he couldn’t hear me or understand me. Niall was watching the entire time. He signaled Paul, closer to the stage where he whispered into Paul’s ear and pointed to Piper. Paul walked towards us, the barricade separating us from him. He then lifted Piper over the fence. 

“Are you okay, Sweetheart?” He asked her. She nodded and Paul grabbed onto me and carried me over it too. “Come on, ladies.” Paul grabbed our arms and rushed us to a door against the stage. We were let in and was taken up some steps and before we knew it was were backstage where he let us go as we were now in a safe envoirnment. We continued to follow Paul as we were taken even farther backstage and eventually to a bright hallway. 

“Why don’t you two wait in here until the concert’s over,” He said as he stood in front of a white door with a sign on it. On it, it read, Harry Styles. This just so happened to be Harry’s dressing room. This sure does not happen everyday.

I'm Apart of the Bandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें