Chapter: Six

Ch. 6 You. Me. Ice Cream?

Piper and I sat and looked around Harry’s dressing room quietly. There still had to be a good ten minutes left of the concert which meant a good ten minutes of remembering all that has happened since I woke up this morning. When a light knock on the door sounded, I jumped. Harry popped his head in.

“Hey,” He grinned.

“Hey,” I said back. He opened the door a little wider. Niall happened to be behind him. Together they walked inside. Niall immediately went to Piper.

“Hey, babe, are you okay? You looked a little scared,” Niall crouch down on his knee to be the same height as my sister who was sitting on the couch.

“Yeah. I’m okay. I just don’t like tight spaces. It just sort of hit me.”

“Yeah, I don’t like tight spaces either. They are the worst.”

“Thank you, for getting Paul for me,” Piper blushed a little.

“Yeah. No problem, babe,” Niall stood.

“Thank you, Niall,” I whispered to him, thanking him for helping my sister. Niall nodded with a smile and left the room leaving Harry, Piper and I.

“Well, I hope you two enjoyed the concert otherwise,” Harry commented.

“I loved it. It was amazing,” Piper revealed.

“Yes, it was very fun. Thank you for letting us go. Really, thank you,” I knew that I would never be able to thank him enough for this.

“It was my pleasure,” He said nicely in his low accent, giving me one last swoon before I grabbed Piper’s hand and passed him to leave. “Where are you going?”

“Um…” I was unsure of what to say.

“I didn’t tell you to stay, just so you could go home,” He laughed, “You two should come get some ice cream with the boys and me.”

“Are you sure?” I asked.

“Well, unless you want to go home…” Harry offered the option.

“No! We want to go,” Piper exclaimed quickly.

“Piper!” I growled. She turned to look at me. “We don’t have the money.” I whispered through my teeth so Harry wouldn’t hear. Her face frowned and she turned back to Harry.

“Never mind. We can’t tonight,” Piper took it back.

“Please. This place is amazing and I want you two to come with me,” Harry pleaded. My heart broke. Piper closed her eyes and shook her head.

“Sorry, but…” Piper started but Harry interrupted her.

“I’ll pay!” He said.

“No, it’s…” I began to argue.

“Really. It’s not a big deal. Come along, you know you want to.”

“Thanks,” I looked at the ground. $150 tip, a concert and ice cream. What did I do to deserve it?

“Well, give me just a moment to change clothes and we will head out, alright?” Harry said, pleased that I said yes. Piper and I stepped outside the dressing room, waiting for Harry. When he came out, he wore a purple sweatshirt and gray saggy sweatpants. “You ready?”

We followed Harry to the other boys who were waiting for us by the door. 

“Everyone here?” Paul asked. Everyone took a look around for anyone missing. “Alright, no pictures, no autographs just do a quick wave to the fans and head straight the car. Understood?”

“Yeah,” The boys said together. I took Pipers hand to prepare for what was to come.

“Let’s go,” Paul shouted as he opened the door to thousands of flash cameras were going off and screaming. I could barely see a thing as we scurried outside. Follow Paul. Follow Paul. I thought to myself, but I couldn’t find him.

“Shana!” I heard my name and I followed it to the van where Piper and I quickly made it inside. Before I knew it the doors were slammed shut and the car accelerated. Fans raced after it, hitting against the window trying to keep up with it but eventually the car was too fast for them. I pulled my attention from the window, realizing five boys plus my sister stared at me.

“Are you alright?” Liam asked. I didn’t realize I was sitting in between him and Harry while Piper  was between Zayn and Niall. Louis sat in front with the driver.

“Yeah. Yeah I’m okay. That was insane,” I blinked, my eyes hurting from the flashes.

“Little bit,” Harry agreed sarcastically. It was almost eleven o’clock at night when we got to the ice cream shop. I suppose it was best to go at a time with less people. The drive parked and the seven of us got out of the car and inside.

“Been waiting for this all day!” Niall ran himself to the cashier and ordered. Harry and I were last in line behind the others who took a tremendously long time to choose what they wanted.

“I forgot to say that you look amazing,” Harry said while we waited.

“Thanks. You and the boys did a great job tonight,” I tried to compliment him back.

“You’re a very beautiful girl, I’m surprised the other boys aren’t trying to steal you away from me.”

“Steal me away? You act like I’m ‘yours’.” 

“You are mine. I saw you first. I have dibs.”

“ So I’m just an object to you?” I joked with him.

“No! Not at all, that’s not what I meant.” His eyes widened.

“I was kidding, relax,” I nudge him softly. He smirked.

“Am I just an object to you?”

“How can you be just an object to me? I can’t claim you or have dibs, because there are thousands of girls out there who are in love with you…”

“I’m sure there are plenty of guys in love with you.”

“Guess again,” I snorted.

“But you’re lovely. Any guy who doesn’t think so, is full of rubbish.”

“Well, thank you, Harry. Means a lot,” I blushed once again. How can Harry Styles just fall into my lap? How can an amazing guy who treats me so greatly just show up out of nowhere?