Chapter: Thirty-Six

Ch. 36 Welcome home, not.

When Piper and I got back to Seattle it was definitely and pain influencer. I was officially home to my ugly small apartment. Away from Harry. And the fact that we left each other they we did, killed me even more. It’s like everything that’s happened in the last couple days just sucked the energy away from me.

“Get up, Shana,” Piper growled at me. She had tried about three times to wake me but I refused to move. “The bills. Think about the bills”

Our homecoming wasn’t only dreadful because I was leaving Harry. The first thing we saw the minute we stepped in front of our door was a stack of unpaid and overdue bills sat on the ground waiting for me. It hit me that work was to become a major priority just to get through this. Normal teenagers with normal lives, were able to go home to their beds at the end of the night. Where was I? Working my ass of in a diner and trying to raise my sister. I just wanted to be a normal teenager.

I rolled out of the bed. I wasn’t ever going to live a normal teenage life. 

“I’m up,” I sighed. She left my room to allow me to exchange my clothes for my work uniform. I didn’t even bother to change my clothes once we got home last night. I went straight for my pillows.

The drive to the diner hurt. I was driving the beautiful Ferrari that Harry had bought me a while ago. It was the only car I had. I felt unwelcome using it now. I had no idea where Harry and I stood in our relationship yet I was driving his crazy expensive car. It didn’t feel right. It especially didn’t feel right that I was driving his car to the place where I first met him. I wasn’t enjoying life at the moment.

I parked the shiny wheels in back. It took everything I had, which wasn’t a lot to get out of the car and walk into the restaurant.

“Shana?” Kelly’s eyes widened when I stepped inside. I couldn’t tell if she was excited to see me.

“Hey!” I forced a smile.

“You’re back?”

“Yeah. I told you’d I’d be back on the ninth?”

“Oh. Oh…” She blinked. 

“You don’t seem to happy to see me?”

“No, I am, Shana. I’m very happy to see you,” She pulled me into an awkward hug, “It’s just that I when you were gone we were short waiters and we had to hire a new one.”

“Did you?”

“Yeah, Vivian?” Kelly called into the kitchen. Vivian? Just as I expected. Vivian Kin came waltzing out of the kitchen.

“Viv?”

“Shay, you’re back!” Vivian came running up to me for a hug. The last time I saw her was right before I left for Arizona to see the boys on spring break.

“Yeah, Hi!” I squeezed her.

“How are you?”

“I’m good,” I grinned. Lie. “How are you?”

“Great. Working hard,” She said.

“I thought you were going to Mexico for spring break?”

“I didn’t tell you?”

“Tell me what?”

“My family got sick just before we were suppose to leave, so we canceled the trip. I had to do something with my break since you weren’t here so I got a job! I’ve been working here for almost two weeks. I thought maybe since you were lucky in meeting a hot boyfriend here maybe I would as well,” Vivian joked.