Chapter: Twenty-One

Chapter 21 Venice Beach

“Harry, that interviewer was insane! The way she looked at you. ‘I’m sure she’ll be able to squeeze me in the mix’. To hell with squeezing her in the mix. Who does she think she is?” I ranted as I changed into my bikini. Eleanor, Lottie, Piper and I had all decided to go the famous Venice Beach while the boys were to go off to do some promoting.

“I know. I’m sorry you had to see that,” Harry told me, sprawled along the bed.

“I’m dating you. I suppose I have to expect it right?”

“Well, I’m dating Shana Miller. I suppose I have to expect guys looking at you. You’re hot. Especially, looking like that,” Harry gave me a dirty grin. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a shirt and yanked it over my bikini top.

“Not so hot now.”

“No, you’re still extremely hot,” He snatched me with a growl and pulled me on top of him, planting kisses all over my face, the last one landing on my lips.

“You’re perfect.” I told him, as I stared into his eyes.

“You’re more than perfect,” He said back. We continued to gaze at each other, me once again realizing how lucky I was when loud knocks were heard on the door.

“SHANA! Let’s go! You better not be doing anything naughty with Harry in there, we don’t have time for that!” I heard Eleanor screech.

“Well, I think that means I’m suppose to go.”

“I’ll miss you.”

“Miss you too, babe. See you later,” I kissed Harry one last time, slipped a pair of shorts over my bikini bottoms and snatched my beach bag. 

It was the first time I had gone out in public without Harry since the begin of spring break. I had no idea what to expect. We took one of the rental cars, all our beach stuff in back with Lottie and Piper. Eleanor sat up in the passenger seat, as I was the only one who could drive. When we got to there, we found a spot in the sand to set up camp and lay down our beach towels. The four of us immediately wadded into the ocean, splashing each other and swimming around. Eleanor and I later left Piper and Lottie and headed back to our beach towels to lay out in the sun.

“How amazing is this weather?” I commented, as we soaked up the sun.

“Lovely compared to the weather in the UK,” She said back.

“I know what you mean. Seattle is all clouds and rain. You get lucky if there is sun.”

“So. Are you having fun on tour?”

“Yeah, it’s been great.”

“I was so excited to hear you were coming. It’s normally just me and a bunch of men when I visit Louis. Danielle rarely comes because of her work, so it’s fun to have another girl.”

“Aw, thanks. It’s been loads of fun. I’m glad you’re here too, to help me out with all the touring business and dating a guy from One Direction.”

“Oh, how has that been going anyway?”

“Harry is more than what I could ask for. He is so sweet. I just don’t know why he’d pick me out of all these amazing girls head over heels for him.”

“If a boy from One Direction fancies you and you like him back, you don’t question it!”

“But…”

“Shana, Harry loves you. Accept it and quit denying it. Now I don’t know about you but this heat is getting to me. I’m thirsty,” Eleanor stood.

“I think there is a smoothie stand up the beach,” I stood up with her. We told Piper and Lottie where we were going before walking up to the stand. 

“Hi. Can I have a mango smoothie?” I asked the cashier. 

“I’ll have a strawberry one, please.” Eleanor said afterwards.

“Sure, just give it a moment,” The cashier went in back to make the smoothies, leaving Eleanor and I to wait a little.

“Look who it is,” A cold voice was heard behind me. Eleanor and I turned. There Marissa and her envious body stood in front of me. “Shana, Harry Styles girlfriend.” Marissa had a three girl posse behind her. Reminded me of a movie or something, much like mean girls. “I have to give it to you. I thought you were just Harry Styles one night stand yet you managed to keep him wrapped around your finger. He even called his girlfriend on national television. How much are you paying him?”

“I’m not paying him anything,” I growled. 

“Oh, then he must feel damn sorry for you then to put up who you.”

“Hey, there is no need for that,” Eleanor shared but she ignored her.

“Watch out, for yourself, alright? You may feel all high and mighty, since your now have all this attention and your in the magazines but trust me it won’t last for long when Harry dumps your ass for me,” Marissa threatened me.

“You need to leave,” Eleanor grabbed her arm and pushed her slightly away from me.

“Um, your drinks are ready, ladies,” The cashier said before Marissa could object to being pushed by Eleanor. We quickly grabbed our smoothies and scurried away from the situation as quick as possible.

“Don’t listen to the hate. Ever,” Eleanor told me as we walked back to our spots.

“It’s hard not to, when it’s in your face like that.”

“Well, don’t believe it. Nobody knows you better than yourself and the people who love you. All the haters are irrelevant, because they don’t know what an amazing person you are.”

“Thanks,” I smiled. When we got back to our beach towels there were about five girls surrounding them. They squealed tremendously as we approached them.

“Hey, ladies,” Eleanor said.

“Hey! Sorry, we don’t want to bother you we just want to know if we can have a picture with you two,” One of the girls asked. I’ve had pictures taken of me, but I haven’t taken a picture with a fan yet.

“S-sure…” I stuttered as I was unsure of what to do. The girl pulled out her camera and I squeezed up next to her to take the photo.

“Thank you, Shana. You’re so pretty,” The fan said.

“Thank you, sweetheart, so are you,” I said back. Eleanor and I finished taking pictures with the five girls.

“Thank you, so much!” They thanked.

“You’re welcome.” I shared.

“Have a nice day!” Eleanor added.

“Wait, I want a photo,” Marissa pushed through the girls, with a smoothie in her hand and her eyes evil.

Marissa ‘stumbled’ and tossed the contents of her drink in my direction, leaving me soaking in her ice cold smoothie. I gasped and Eleanor quickly picked up a towel to dry me off, the fans shocked in disbelief.

“Sorry,” Marissa growled with a grin and dropped her cup in front of me. With a laughing cackle she turned and walked herself away. For a week, Marissa was supposed to stay in the same city as me and my boyfriend? The boyfriend that she is claiming she is going to steal?