Chapter: Sixteen

Ch. 16 Marissa

By the end of the time spent at the club, the place was packed with fans. I struggled to hang tight onto Harry’s hand as he was yanked  back and forth between girls who wanted to dance with him or take a picture or just simply wanted his attention. My grip was eventually broken from Harry and he disappeared into crowd.

“Harry!” I yelped but it was no use, I had no idea where he’d gone. It was when I was alone that the mean dogs came out…

“Are you Harry’s date?” A girl who looked a little tipsy from too many drinks but was clearly not 21 blurted in my face. This club was horrible with the checking IDs thing.

“Um, sort of,” I replied.

“You don’t seem like his type,” Another girl behind me said.

“Um…sorry?” I didn’t know what to say.

“Don’t worry, they won’t last very long,” A tall, lean, long dark haired, tan skinned girl stood sneering at me. Her piercing blue eyes were like daggers in mine. I hated to say it, but she looked like she walked out of a Victoria’s Secret magazine. She was gorgeous.

“Say’s who?” I let slip and I immediately regretted it.

“Marissa,” The girl took my hand and shook it for a hand shake, “and as far as I’m concerned, your dress looks like you got it from k-mart and your hair looks like a bird’s nest. What are you, eleven years old?”

“Seventeen…”

“Silly girl, don’t you know that Harry likes mature, real girls,” Marissa stepped forward. She wore a formfitting strapless teal colored mini dress that looked amazing against her skin and lengthened her legs for miles.  

“Silly girl, don’t you know you’re out of your league,” I snapped back. 

“You can dream but you’ll see sooner or later when it’s me that’s in Harry’s bed every night.” She threw her head back in a snort.

“Is there a problem?” A cute yet strong voice said and I felt a hand grip my arm. I looked back to see Eleanor glaring at Marissa.

“Not at all,” Marissa grinned a cocky smile at her.

“Well, good because we wouldn’t want there to be a problem, now do we,” A deeper voice came from my right. Liam stood with a dominance stance, he too giving a evil look to Marissa.

“Liam!” Her face brightened up innocently when she realized it was him. He just gave a quick nod then turned his back on her to face me.

“Are you okay? She seemed like she was giving you trouble.” Eleanor patted my back sweetly.

“Yeah, thanks for defending me, you guys.”

“Yeah, yeah anytime, Shana,” Liam gave me a playful punch to the arm.

“Well. I have no idea where Harry went. I completely lost him.”

“Don’t worry about it. Louis went to go and try to find Harry. Niall and Zayn are already in the van. He told me to come find you with Liam and then he’d meet us in the car,” Eleanor explained. I agreed to go with her, holding her hand and Liam holding onto my shoulder, not wanting to lose each other through the fans. When we got outside, security rushed us to the car. It was almost two in the morning and there were fans still outside. Once we got in the car, Eleanor and I both immediately pressed our face against the window looking for any sight of Louis or Harry. 

“Where are they?” I whispered. It wasn’t for a good five minutes later that the fans outside started screaming again and the security started running around, that we knew the they were coming. Together, Louis and Harry tossed a few waves, jogging to the car and hopping inside, Louis taking his spot beside Eleanor and Harry taking his spot beside me.

“Go?” James said in his thick French accent.

“Yes. Oui, Oui. Conduire. Merci.” Harry told him and off we went.

“I lost you,” I looked at Harry, settling in my seat as we drove.

“I know. I hope you were okay,” Harry brushed my hair behind my ear.

“Yeah, yeah. Eleanor and Liam found me,” I smiled at the two and they both returned it, Eleanor wrapped in Louis’ arms and Liam looking up from his phone. 

“I hope nobody gave you any trouble.”

“Yeah, well. What can I do about it? ” I shrugged and didn’t deny the fact.

When we got back to the hotel, there were less but still plenty of fans outside. Each of the boy names were shouted, even Eleanor’s as we passed by but right before I reached the door a small,  faint, Shana, was called out causing me to flinch. My name? But I was just Shana. A working teenager from Seattle who went to school. That was it. What was I to become?

Inside, each of us parted our own ways, Harry holding my hand as he walked me to my room. We each exchanged a sigh as we reached my door.

“You really look beautiful,” Harry caressed my cheek.

“Funny, I was told differently tonight.”

“By who?”

“Oh nothing, just some girl. I got in an argument with her when we separated. It’s no big deal.”

“I’m sorry.”

“It’s alright. It’s not your fault.”

“You shouldn’t have to deal with it. Any sort of hate. Especially lies, because you are stunning, I swear.”

“You’re too nice to me, Harry Styles,” I put my arms around his neck, pulled him into a kiss when a thought crossed my mind. I noticed that he was leaned over quite a bit just to reach me and I quickly pulled away.

“What?”

“You don’t like tall girls do you,” I immediately thought of Marissa, the gorgeous beauty with mile long legs that told me off at the club.

“I-I don’t know. Why are you asking?” Harry was confused. I shrugged.

“I don’t know,” I said back, “I guess I’m kind of on the short side.”

“And you think that alters my feelings for you?”

“It could.”

“Well, Shana. I must say, I am the littlest bit offended that you would think that low of me, but I can assure you. I would like you if you were as tall as a giraffe or as small as a mouse.”

“Aren’t you clever?” I yanked him into a kiss again only this time, Harry lifted me up to his height. My fingers played through his curly soft locks and he held me tightly as our kiss got more passionate.

“I really hope you two aren’t planning on sharing a hotel room tonight,” A voice was heard to the side of us. Harry immediately dropped me to my feet and I wiped my mouth embarrassingly as Paul stood there with his arms crossed. “Harry. You know the rules. No sharing hotel rooms with girls when there is a concert the next day. Okay?”

“Right,” Harry bit his lip, just as embarrassed for getting caught.

“I will see you tomorrow.,” I told him.

“Goodnight,” Harry quickly snatched a kiss on my cheek as Paul still stood there.

“Goodnight, Harry,” I told him back and unwillingly went back into my hotel room. I expected to find Piper asleep in bed but when I turned on the light she wasn’t there. I poked my head inside the bathroom, but didn’t find her there either. My heart started to get nervous. Where was she? It was until I noticed a pink post-it-note on the table that I stopped hyperventilating.

I’m sleeping over in Lottie and Jay’s room. I can already see you freaking out. I’m fine. 

~ Piper

Piper was sleeping over in Lottie’s room. It was always hard for her to make friends but it seemed like Lottie and Piper really hit it off. Harry and I together, Piper and Lottie best friends. I was starting to like the idea of all this.