Chapter: Eleven

Ch. 11  Strikes and Goodbyes

While getting to know Harry for only the past two days I slowly began to forget that he was suppose to leave soon and I would most likely never see him again. My brief romance with Harry Styles would be seen as just a cute memory in my future and a lovely story to tell about the time I kissed and hung out with a guy from the biggest boy band in the world in my day. 

But Harry had the ability to make me feel completely different. It wasn’t just because he was famous, it was because he treated me so greatly and was so kind it was impossible not to love the guy. He was charming, adorable, sympathetic and sexy all wrapped in one and I couldn’t help but be completely drawn to him. 

It was decided that back in Harry’s hotel room that we’d play monopoly. I was almost glad Piper was there, because I couldn’t imagine what I’d do to the boy if it was just him and I in the room.

Piper smart little brain happened to be kicking our butts when a knock at the door called. Harry got up and opened it. 

“Hey. Just letting you know, we’re getting ready to leave in ten minutes,” Liam told Harry. He poked his head around Harry and gave at quick wave to Piper and me who were sitting on the floor.

“Alright. See in the lobby,” He said. Harry then came back. “I guess we can all say that, Piper won this game even though we didn’t finish.”

“Agreed,” I nodded. Piper gave a cocky victory bow and the three of us cleaned up the game.

“So are you ladies coming to the airport?” Harry asked.

“Yeah, why not?” I shrugged a careless shrug but really my heart was sinking. This was it. Harry was actually leaving. I tried to put on my best brave face but I could feel myself frowning.

When Harry finished packing it was like a strike to my heart. Together we searched the room to be sure he got everything and then we headed downstairs and to the lobby where the boys, security and Eleanor waited. 

“Shana, Piper and Eleanor go out first and head straight into the van immediately. Boys, when you come out, your allowed to sign a few autographs and take a few pictures and then please proceed to the van. Is that clear everyone?” Paul explained the game plan.

“Yes,” We all said. 

“Let’s head out than.”

Eleanor, Piper and I did exactly what we were told and went for the van, leaving the boys outside. Through the window I could see how truly hectic it was. Security had to push girls away who were getting too touchy or crazy. The screaming and crying was so overwhelming, just to look at from a far.

“Boys, let’s go!” Paul yelled and opened the door. The boys headed in the van with us. We sped down the road trying to get rid of the few daring fans chasing after the vehicle. After a minute or so they couldn’t be seen anymore and we were just cruising down the road like any other car.

When the airports lights could be seen from the highway, it was another strike on my heart. I snuggled closer to Harry and he put his arm around me, giving me a tight squeeze. I didn’t want him to go. 

I gave a sigh when the driver parked the van in front of the airport. We were here. Strike. More fans were crowded in front of the doors. We used Paul’s last plan again. Eleanor, Piper and I made it inside first, waiting for the boys to finish autographs and pictures. After they met us we all traveled to a seating area nearest to where the boys will be boarding the plane. 

“Are you okay? You have said a word since we left the hotel,” Harry asked me. Him and I took a pair of seats a little farther from where the group was clustered.

“Yeah. Yeah, I just wasn’t aware that it was going to be so hard to say goodbye. I only met you yesterday morning,” I revealed to him. He brushed a piece of my hair behind my ear. 

“You’re a very lovely, girl, Shana. I enjoyed the time I spent with you,” Harry told me. I closed my eyes in heartbreak. This was our goodbyes.

“And you’ve made the last two days amazing ones. Thank you for that,” I looked him in his eyes, wanting him to believe it. Too soon, the intercom above sounded, saying that Harry’s plane was ready to board and all of us stood, slowly. Piper and I gave out hugs to each of the boys and even to Eleanor who was going with the band to their next destination.

“Thanks for hanging with me Piper,” Harry said as I watched him crouch to hug my sister. 

“Thanks for making these last two days incredible, Styles,” She whispered back to him. Harry then stood back up straight and turned towards me. Before I knew it I was into his arms, both of us squeezing each other tightly.

“I’m going to miss you,” Harry told me, his mouth so close I could feel his lips caress my ear. 

“I have a feeling that I will miss this and you more,” I said into his curls.

“I want you to have the Ferrari.”

“What?” I pulled my face from his neck, but I was still in his arms.

“I didn’t rent it. I bought it. I should probably tell you, that while you we’re at school, your car was towed.”

“So you bought me a Ferrari?”

“I hope you like it. You sure drive it better than me.”

“When were you planning on telling me my car got towed?”

“Now,” He smirked. My god, I was going to miss him. I nuzzled myself into his neck again and his grip around my waist just tightened. My arms around his stomach switched to around his neck. On my tippy toes, my mouth met his and I pulled him down to my level, our lips synchronized perfectly. I had to pull away and I did, knowing that the entire band, including my little sister was watching but I didn’t want to. His hand found mine. He had something cool and chunky in his palm. I opened my hand. The keys the Ferrari. I went flying into his arms again. 

“Don’t forget me, you promise?” I pleaded.

“I won’t. Don’t forget me.”

“Impossible.” I assured him. Harry gave me a small kiss on my forehead and let me go. He picked up his suitcase and began to follow the boys. After a few steps he turned around gave one last cheeky smile and a wave. He then continued on his way, disappearing in the crowd at the airport. He was gone.Strike.