Chapter: Nine

Ch. 9 Bowling

Harry was taking forever. I called him a good half hour ago to come pick me up and I’m still pacing around outside. Today was crazy. During lunch I was literally mobbed for answers about Harry and I and in classes people were not afraid to stare and whisper. Never have I ever enjoyed being the center of attention. I didn’t even like open presents in front of people at my birthday. School definitely became a living hell.

I wondered how Piper was doing. I hadn’t seen her all day and still wouldn’t see her for a little bit. She had band practice after school for an hour and a half. Her trait of easy annoyance with people, had to have drove her insane today. She was just as much in those pictures as I was, which meant she too had to be mobbed and questioned today.

After another pace right, I looked up as my attention was giving a beautiful black Ferrari with tinted windows and blaring music rolling into the parking lot. It stopped and the passenger window rolled down.

“Harry?” I called then quickly covered my mouth, nervous that somebody heard me.

“Get in!” He whispered. I did what I was told and rushed into the passenger seat as Harry rolled up the window.

“Where’s James?”

“Sleeping. We kind of kept him up all night, waiting for me to come back from your apartment.”

“Oh,” I bit my lip. Poor guy. “Where did you get this car?”

“I rented it,” Harry smiled proudly.

“Can you drive it?”

“Yes!” He defended himself. 

“This is America, Harry. We drive on the right side of the road. Can you do it?”

“Of course, I can. I got here. Buckle up,” Harry demanded and I rolled my eyes. He started the Ferrari and eased down the parking lot. I was impressed, until he jerked and swayed.

“Harry!” I screeched when he almost hit a parked car. He stopped.

“I wasn’t going to hit it,”

“I’m driving. Get out.”

“No! I’m doing great.”

“Yeah, you’re doing great if you are on a kill Shana mission. Out.” I told him and got out of the passenger seat. Harry unwillingly got out as well. “Hurry, before someone sees you.” I told him, making him pick up his pace a little around the car. We both got in our designated spots.

“Keys?” I asked and he handed them to me in a sulk. And I started the car. After, maybe five minutes of ignoring and being mad at me Harry began to talk again.

“Where’s Piper?” He asked

“Band practice. I have to go back and pick her up later.”

“You mean we?”

“Well, I’ll have my car back. That’s where we are going now. To go get my car.”

“Don’t, I should be there still. You and I should go do something instead, while waiting for Piper.”

“Like?”

“I don’t know. Bowling.”

“Bowling?”

“Yeah.”

“Um, okay?”

“Off to the bowling alley,” He shouted. I did a U-turn and headed inward to town. I found the bowling alley in which I hadn’t been to in years. Harry lifted his hood over his head, like that was going to disguise him. I took off my sweater and pulled my buttoned down shirt from inside my skirt that was required for my uniform. “Let’s go!”

Inside was near empty expect for adult bowling teams, which was lucky for us. No screaming fan-girls to run into.

“Now, Shana. I am just going to warn you now that I am the best bowler in the band so don’t get too upset when I beat you,” Harry shared, pulling on his bowling shoes.

“It’s too soon for smack talk, Mr. Styles,” I glared at him. I was up first and with my green colored ball. I snuck up to the lane and swung the ball behind me and then released it in front. It went rolling perfectly down the middle. Strike. I turned and smirked at him. This game was going to be a tough one.  We switched off giving strikes and spares, our points close the entire game. 

“I am determined to beat you, Harry.” I told him. It was our last bowl. I was down by two. I had knocked down only three pins and this was my last shot to beat him. I needed a spare. I walked up to the lane and held the ball in front me. I swung it back and just as I was about to release it, a collision hit me from behind and the ball fell and rolled into the gutter. Harry had wrapped his arms around me and picked me off the ground and was swing me around. “You cheater, you cheater, you cheater…” I screamed as I was being twirled around.

“But I want to hug you so badly. I couldn’t resist,” He set me down grinning. I turned around to face him.

“You cheated,” I shoved him.

“No, I honestly just wanted to hug you,” Harry was giggling.

“I lost because you made me drop the ball!” I yelled.

“You can’t blame me for wanting to hug you.”

“Stop that! This game was fair,” I hit him again, yet he just seemed amused. I growled. It was Harry’s last turn. I snatched his ball and pushed it down the gutter.

“Hey! What are you doing?” 

“Cheating,” I told him. I was prepared to grabbed the second ball to send it down the gutter but he grabbed my hand before he could. He wrapped his arms around me again, only this time we faced each other, my body pressed against his. He was a lot taller then me I noticed, as he looked down at me. “You know how unfair all this is…” I whispered barely able to breath as his face sat just inches from me.

“Yes. I’m sorry. You won. Okay? You won,” Harry whispered back. He crushed me into his body tighter and leaned in, his lips finding mine as he lifted me a little so I could reach him. I eventually gave up fighting and my arms found his neck and wrapped themselves around it, pulling him deeper into the kiss. It was after a good thirty seconds I realized we were still in the bowling alley.

“Harry!” I pulled away from him and scrambled out of his arms.

“What?”

“We’re in a public place,” I whispered, adjusting my blouse.

“We can go back to the Ferrari,” He winked and my eyes went rolling. I found my phone in my pocket for the time.

“We have to go pick up Piper anyway. No telling her about this, alright!” I scolded him.

“My lips are sealed,” Harry held his hands up in surrender, following behind me.