Chapter: Twenty-Five

Ch. 25 Lucas

Lucas found me on the street corner. His large rusty pick up truck didn’t really go with all the Porches and BMWs but that was okay. The pick-up truck, was who Lucas was. When I got in the car, he didn’t ask me what was going on, he just drove. He knew I would tell him later and I was thankful for that. The drive wasn’t long, he parked the car sooner than I expected and I looked out the window.

“Where are we?” I asked confused. I had seen photos of Lucas’ house. This definitely wasn’t it.

“My apartment,” He told me and got out of the car.

“Did you move?” I got out as well.

“Yeah. Well, my parents didn’t. I did. This is my apartment.”

“You have your own apartment?” I questioned. He opened the heavy glass doors for me that opened to the lobby. 

“Yeah,” He said simply, he opened another door which lead to some stairs. I followed Lucas up a flight and

he walked down the hall a little and stopped in front of what I figured was his apartment and unlocked the door. He turned on the light and we walked inside. It was messy and casual. Everything you would expect a teenage bachelor pad to look like. It wasn’t bad.

“When did you move?” I exclaimed, setting my things down and taking a seat on a barstool that was in his kitchen. Lucas opened his refrigerator and pulled out two cans a soda. He handed me Root Beer, which he knew I loved.

“When I started college,” He sat beside me.

“College?”

“Yeah. The university is just up the street,” He pointed out the window. I blinked. College? He was nineteen. It made sense.

“I’m sorry. I never really even asked you about how life has been going for you. It’s just been about me.”

“It’s okay. I have a boring life. I’m not dodging paparazzi or random girls don’t want to take pictures with me like you but I work at Starbucks, occasionally bartend and go to classes in the afternoon.”

“Do you still want to be a marine biologist?”

“So bad.”

“You’ll be good at that. I’m proud of you.”

“Thanks. I’m proud of you.”

“For?”

“Staying stable. I hear a lot of people crack under the pressure with paparazzi and everything. You’re doing good for just a normal girl.”

“Yeah. Sort of.”

“Why sort of?”

“Harry and I got in a fight.”

“Over?”

“Jealousy.”

“Okay, explain.”

“Do you remember that girl at the CD signing that Harry was taking a lot to?”

“The hot one.”

“Lucas!” I whined.

“I’m kidding. Yeah. I know who you’re talking about. Keep going.”

“Well, that’s Marissa. She is completely convinced that she is going to steal Harry from me…”

“Isn’t a lot of girls convinced that?”

“Yes. And I’ve accepted that, totally.”

“Then what is the problem?”

I'm Apart of the Bandजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें