Chapter: Twenty-Nine

Ch. 29 The Kiss

The car ride to Lucas’ parents house was quiet. Piper was in the back and Harry sat in the passenger seat as I drove. It took much convincing, but Harry eventually budged and I was happier than anything. 

“You’ll love Linda and Doug, I promise. They are the sweetest people,” I reassured Harry as we got out of the car after I parked in front of the lovely home. 

“Okay…” He shrugged and took my reaching hand as we walked up to the door. When I knocked on it, I almost got nervous. The door swung open and I was unaware of how I was going to respond. 

“Linda!” I smiled, her expression shocked. She knew we were coming, but seeing each other for the first time in three years was amazing.

“Shana! How are you my dear?” I could feel her grin as we hugged.

“I’m great! Very good.”

“And my little Pipster, my goodness you have grown so much!” Linda let me go, to hug Piper. “I don’t believe you’re thirteen. Wow!”

“I miss you so much!” Piper held onto Linda a little longer. 

“I missed you too, my sweetie. Let’s go inside. C’mon,” She held the door wide for us to be let in. We all took off our shoes at the front door, Harry awkwardly behind me.

“Linda, this is Harry,” I introduced them.

“Hi, nice to meet you,” He shook her hand.

“Oh, I know exactly who you are!” She shook his hand back, “I can’t believe you scored such a catch, Shana!” She turned towards me, causing him to go red.

Is Harry here?” Kendra’s voice was heard from upstairs.

“She’s twenty years old but that doesn’t stop her from obsessing over a boy band,” Linda rolled her eyes and told us, “Yes, he is!” She called to her daughter. I then heard Kendra’s stomp around on the floor above and suddenly she was seen rushing down the staircase, her stopping in the middle of them when she saw all of us standing there.

“Hi,” Harry said to her. 

“Hi, oh my god,” Kendra’s eyes widened as she finished the last few steps slowly.

“I’m Harry.”

“Kendra. Can I hug you?” She asked.

“Of course you can,” Harry smiled. Kendra mouthing, oh my god over and over again as they hugged.

“I currently can’t breathe,” Kendra said once they pulled away from each other. 

“Well, you better find your inhaler to control yourself tonight…” I joked, grabbing Harry’s hand and dragging him further into the house.

“That’s a good idea,” She thought honestly.

We left Kendra and made it to the living room, where I found Lucas play wrestling my sister on the couch already.

“Hey,” I said awkwardly.

“Oh, hey,” Lucas pressed Piper down into the cushion and sat on her.

“Hey, man,” Harry nodded.

“Nice to see you again,” Lucas nodded back. 

“You as well, you have a nice home” 

“Not my home. My parents home…”

“Oh, well they have a nice home. Thanks for inviting us to dinner.”