Chapter: Seventeen

Ch. 17 Um, Yes. I am.

I was waken up by a new device. It wasn’t my alarm clock or the sun coming from my window or chirping birds, it was my sister and Lottie Tomlinson. They sat at the foot of the bed, their eyes glued to the TV screen, playing Mario cart.

“Well, hello.” I sat up.

“Hi,” Piper said, her eyes not leaving the television.

“What time did you ladies come in here?” I rolled out of the bed.

“About an hour ago. You are a hard sleeper,” Piper told me. I looked at the clock. It read nine.

“Harry told me that when you get up, head over to his hotel room. He has a surprise for you,” Lottie told me.

“A surprise?”

“Yeah and he also told me not to let you change your clothes or do anything. Just go straight to his room.”

“But I don’t have any make up on and I just got out of bed, I look like crap.”

“These are rules from Harry Styles himself. Go!” Piper snapped. I blinked rapidly, thinking. I didn’t want to but I slipped on a sweatshirt over my tank and head out into the hall bare foot. I reached Harry’s hotel room and knocked on it lightly. Within seconds the door swung open. Harry stood shirtless but with basketball short on in the doorway grinning at me.

“Hi.”

“I look bad,” Was the first thing I said.

“You look lovely,” He leaned over a kissed me.

“Lottie told me you have a surprise for me.”

“I do,” Harry stepped behind me to cover my eyes.

“What are you doing!?”

“You’ll see. Walk forward,” Harry continued to keep me blind as we trailed into his room. “Okay, look.” He uncovered my eyes. In front of me was a table set for two. The plates had chocolate chip pancakes stacked on them, bacon on the side and in the middle of the table was a bowl of fruit and a vase of flowers. In little chunks of strawberry, Morning, Beautiful was written on top of a pancake stack causing me to sigh.

“Harry…”

“I hope you like pancakes.”

“Of course, I like pancakes,” I hugged him. “You didn’t have to do that.”

“But I wanted to,” Harry pulled out my chair and I sat. Harry walked around to the other side a sat himself.

“Thank you. Your too sweet,” I leaned over a kissed him on the cheek leaving him in a smile.

“So I was thinking,” Harry started talking as the both of us dug in, “…that after the concert tonight you go out to dinner with me.”

“Harry. You pay to fly me and my sister down here, you pay for our hotel room, you take me out, you buy a lovely breakfast and now you want to pay to take me out to dinner.”

“Yeah?” He questioned, with a mouthful of pancake.

“It’s too much. It’s all to much, I can’t repay you,” I shook my head. Harry dropped his fork, causing me to jump. 

“Hey, nothing is too much when it comes to you. I want you here and I want to treat you to all these things because you mean something to me and you deserve it, alright?” Harry was almost scolding me, but it was a sweet scold.

“But…”

“No, buts…just accept that I like you and I want to do this for you.”

“Okay…” I whispered.

“Okay…So dinner tonight? And then in the morning we are heading on the tour bus and driving to LA. Sound good?”

“Sounds good,” I told him. We went silent for a second while we ate, when a thought of something that I’ve wanted to ask for a long time. “Harry?”

“Yes?”

“I have a question.”

“Go for it.”

“So, you and me. What exactly are we?”

“What do you think we are?” Harry gave a cocky look, wiping his mouth with a napkin and leaning back in his chair.

“I don’t know. Fans have been asking and I don’t exactly know how to reply.”

“What do you want to be?”

“You’re mean.”

“How so?”

“Well, what if I say what I want to be but you think differently.”

“Just say it.”

“No. I’m embarrassed.”

“I’ll say what I want us to be.”

“Say.”

“I want you to be mine,” Harry bit his lip and the butterflies were let out of their cage in my stomach.

“And I want you to be mine…” I agreed.

“So, is it official? Can I say I have a girlfriend named, Shana, now?”

“Can I say I have a boyfriend named, Harry, now?

“I’m thinking so.”

“Alright, Mr. Styles, I think it’s official. You’re mine and I’m yours.”

“Well then, come to me, girlfriend,” Harry said in a dramatic voice and opened his arms.

“I’m coming, boyfriend,” I said back and I got up from my chair and sat down in his lap, my lips immediately meeting his.

Our time up to the concert tonight consisted of walking around the hotel together, eating like we never seen food before and just simply laughing. He eventually had to leave for rehearsal with the boys but his didn’t go with out a huge embrace for me. It wasn’t until later that Eleanor, Lottie, Piper, Jay and I all got in a van together and headed to the concert. I was immediately reminded of the night I went the concert the first time. The fans screaming outside, Paul taking us to our seats, Harry singing to me and then later being brought backstage. It seemed like so long ago, I was just a little fan girl but now when I got out the car it was a little different. Us ladies linked arms as we were brought in the venue by security guards. Inside, girls cameras started flashing like crazy. Look, look it’s Eleanor. Oh my gosh, Eleanor is here. Look, there is Louis’ mom too. Jay! They brought Lottie along! It’s that Shana girl! I think that’s Harry’s girlfriend? That’s Piper. She is Shana’s sister! I heard the yells for our names as we were brought to our seats.

“This concert better start quickly,” I heard Piper mutter as she didn’t like the attention already. We were seated yet one security guard lingered around as a few brave fans started coming our way.

“Hi!” They waved cutely and respectfully.

“Hey, there,” Eleanor smiled. 

“You girls so pretty,” One smiled, recording with her camera.

“Thank you,” We each said back.

“Shana,” I look up to a different fan who called my name. “So, are you dating Harry?”

“Um…” I started and shifted in my seat. “Yes. I am.” I said for the first time. The fans around started squealing and gasping to each other. I felt Piper’s eyes glaring at me. I didn’t tell any of the ladies yet.

“Your so pretty,” One shouted.

“Um, thank you, sweetie but your very pretty yourself,” I smiled at her.

We were serenaded by fans until the lights dimmed and they all said goodbye to go sit in their seats.

“You did good, Mrs. Styles.” Eleanor squeezed my arm and gave me a grin.

“Thanks. Something I’m going to have to get use to, I suppose.” I said back and together we stood to cheer on the boys.