I meet the love of my life

(This is my first fanfic, so criticize me but don't be a troll.

Disclaimer: i do not have the abilities to own any characters except for Holly and Pippin. Rick Riordan does. Do not ask about my name problems.)

Pippin POV

Today was my first day in Manhattan. I was honestly a little scared.

I mean, I don't know anyone, I'm staying in an apartment building with only two kids in it (we checked online), and what if I get bullied? My dad tells me not to worry, but I can't help myself.

After we unpacked enough for sleeping conditions, it was about 11. (Only 8 at my old home, I lived in San Francisco.) I was about to go to bed, since I had school tomorrow, when I heard a hesitant knock on the door.

I would have gotten it myself, but my dad pushed me behind him and opened the door, glaring at a small figure. Standing before us was a girl only slightly younger than me. Must be one of the kids, I thought. She had wavy jet-black hair, sea-green eyes, and was dressed in a plain blue t-shirt and jeans. I found myself trying (and failing) to comb my light brown curly hair with my fingers. I quickly stopped.

"Hi," the girl spoke up. She didn't seem at all intimidated by my dad, although at times he could be really scary. "You must be the new neighbors."

My dad relaxed, seeing as it was only a kid. "Yes, we are. Sorry, I thought you were a robber or something." I wanted to slap him. Why would you tell a stranger that?

Thankfully, the girl just laughed. "Well, I'm not a robber. I just wanted to welcome you to our apartment building with some cookies." She held up a circle-shaped container filled with cookies. However, these cookies were blue.

My dad looked bewildered at the cookies, but took them anyway. "How did you make them blue?" I mentally slapped my forehead. Did he not know what food coloring was?

"We used food coloring." The girl looked confused by his question. I didn't blame her.

"Okay, just wondering. Thank you."

The girl smiled and nodded. "By the way, I'm Holly. Holly Jackson."

"Loki Ashman, and this is Pippin." I smiled, hoping I wasn't as nervous as I felt.

"Alright, I guess I'll see you guys around. I'm right next door, so let me know if you need anything." She turned and went into her apartment.

My dad immediately closed the door and turned to me. "You like her."

I was most likely blushing like crazy. I tried to protest, but my dad held up his hand.

"No more. Go to bed."

"Can I have a cookie?" I asked.

Dad sighed and handed me one. I took a bite.

"Dad, these are amazing cookies!" I cried. "You have to try one."

Dad took one for himself. He grinned when he took his first bite. "You're right. When you're done, brush your teeth and go to bed."

I sighed, but finished my cookie and did what he asked. I thought about Holly and was hoping that we could eventually become friends when I fell asleep.

(Yay I did it! I actually didn't fail...)