We Almost Found Our 7th Member of This Not-So-Detailed Quest

Pippin POV

I can't believe I just let Holly get kidnapped.

"Guys...hey!" I looked up to see Daniel looking excited.

"What do you want?" I asked him, sounding just as miserable as I felt.

He motioned for us to follow him. Surprisingly, Hank was the first one behind him. I guess they silently made up or something. I sighed and followed him.

"There's footprints," Hank whispered, pointing. He was right, there were really big footprints leading in the direction Holly's kidnapper had gone.

"Well let's follow them," Ashton said. We spent the next half hour stalking the footprints. They ended in the middle of an alley that dead-ended

"Crap," Daniel groaned.

The ground suddenly started shaking like crazy. We all scrambled away and a girl shot up from the ground. Somehow she landed on her feet.

"Who are you?" Ashton asked cautiously.

The girl looked confused.

Hank sighed. "In Quebec, they speak French."

"What? No, I speak English. I just can't find my glasses." The girl said.

I could honestly imagine her more with glasses. She had red hair that was straight but curled at the ends. It was a lighter shade than Turner's. Her eyes were this kind of electric green.

Ashton found some glasses that I could assume were hers. "I think I found them." He handed them to her.

Her expression brightened. "Oh, thanks!" She put them on and blinked a few times. "Okay, I'm good."

"Who are you?" Ashton asked again, slowly drawing his sword that he apparently packed.

"Relax, I'm not your enemy." She extended her hand. "Lily. Not quite sure what my last name is."

He shook it, then introduced all of us.

"Dang it," she muttered when Daniel was introduced. "I have another brother."

Daniel looked almost disappointed. "Daughter of Hermes?" He asked.

She nodded.

Hank was trying not to laugh. I think Daniel had had a small crush on her.

"I have the worst luck," Daniel complained, which confirmed my suspicions.

Lily rolled her eyes. "You're not the first one to do that. Let me guess, you're here for the girl who just came through."

"She came over here?" Hank asked.

Lily nodded. "Not even fifteen minutes ago."

"Um, where is she then?" Daniel asked.

"Underground. Here, back up, I've got to do the passcode." We backed up. She found a small rock and threw it at the ground. It was immediately destroyed by a laser.

"That's what happens if I mess up." Lily explained.

"Will you mess up?" Ashton asked nervously.

"Hope not," she muttered. She then started jumping on the ground, which lit up in blue. When a giant square was shown, she jumped back and the ground fell away.

"Lily?" A voice called. "What are you doing up there?"

"None of your business, just get a mattress," she yelled back. A mattress appeared a bit later.

"I'll go first," she said, and jumped into the hole. Three seconds later I heard a cry of pain. "Dang it, I think I sprained my ankle," I heard Lily say.

"You okay?" The voice from earlier asked.

"I'll be fine," Lily sighed. "But get a few more mattresses." Two more mattresses appeared on top of the first.

Ashton shrugged and jumped. He landed safely on the mattresses and got off. Hank jumped next, then Turner, then I was pushed down (much to my discomfort) by Daniel, then he jumped down himself.

Lily was getting her ankle wrapped up in a cast thing. "She's down that hallway, second room on the left," she said, pointing to the hallway in front of her.

I was about to go when something clicked in the back of my mind. Chiron said we would leave with six, but come back with seven...maybe we found our 7th member.

"Would you want to come with us?" I asked her.

She looked doubtful. "You guys are on a quest, right?" I nodded. "I'll just slow you down."

I briefly explained our quest to her.

She thought about this. "Five items, did you say? One in Quebec?"

I nodded. "Do you know where one might be?"

"Your camp director wasn't very detailed in explaining, but that might be the point. And I think I do. Go get your friend, and I'll meet you over there." She hobbled down the opposite hallway.

I caught up with the others, who found Holly. She was unconscious.

"When do you think she'll wake up?" Daniel asked.

She started stirring. "About now," I replied.