I Really Hate Percy Sometimes

Holly POV

"Okay," I said. "What's up?"

He exploded. "What did I do to deserve this?!" I wasn't really sure what he meant.

"What do you-"

"I know what you're planning." He seemed really angry.

I was shocked. "You do?!" His father told me that his birthday was Saturday, so I was taking him to a Broadway musical, then Laser Tag afterwards. How did he find out? And why would he be upset about that?

He nodded. Then he did something I wasn't expecting: he kicked me in the shin.

I yelped. "Pippin, what was that for?!" Then it clicked.

Percy's been getting involved with my life again. Meaning, Pippin thinks I'm breaking up with him. Obviously, I'm not doing that.

Before I could say anything, he tackled me and was beating the life out of me. I should remember to never underestimate him.

I avoided most of his punches, but one of them got me hard in the gut. I couldn't breathe, but he kept going.

"Woah, woah, woah, what is going on here?!" For once, I'm thankful for Lily's eavesdropping.

Pippin got up. I really couldn't, so I just kinda laid there, trying to breathe.

"Did you guys break up or something?" Pippin's expression darkened, and I finally got my breath back.

"Pippin, you've got it all wrong," I told him. "I'm not breaking up with you."

His expression immediately turned to guilt, and he helped me up. He was apologizing like crazy, but I cut him off.

"I'll be fine. What I'm actually planning will remain a secret for now, but I hope you like it."

He nodded but still looked really guilty.

"Hey, just kill Percy for me, okay?"

He grinned and ran off.

"You want to stay the night in the infirmary?" Lily asked.

I smiled and winked. "Yeah, just in case. You know what I'm doing for him, right?"

"I think so. Musical, then Laser Tag, right?"

I nodded. She smiled. "I'd better get going. I'll see you later!" She ran off.

I smiled. I'd better make some reservations.