I Man Up and Kiss Her

Pippin POV

"There's something I've been hiding."

As soon as I heard that, I almost panicked. Then I started overthinking it, like I do most of the times I panic. What if-

"Pippin?"

"Sorry," I told her. "I'm listening now, I promise."

She gave me a small smile. "Gods, where do I start..."

And then it clicked.

She had that same look on her face as Annabeth did when she was asking about Percy. And everyone knows they're a couple. So that means...

"You have a crush on me, don't you?" I unsuccessfully tried to hide the excitement in my voice.

She groaned. "You sound like an Aphrodite child."

"You never answered my question."

She sighed. I'd completely embarrassed her, and I felt bad, but hopefully she'd be happy soon. Finally, she nodded.

"I wasn't going to say anything until after the quest, and if you don't like me back, I get it-" I immediately cut her off.

"Are you kidding? I've been hiding my crush on you ever since you brought those cookies to my apartment!" The crushed look on her face quickly changed to hope.

"Are you saying-" I cut her off again. Without hesitating (or thinking) I leaned in and kissed her.

It was obvious she wasn't expecting it. Honestly, neither was I. But she ended up kissing me back.

I would've wanted to stay there longer, but Lily was eavesdropping again. "I knew it!"

We jumped apart. Holly's face was about the same shade as Lily's hair. Mine was probably close to Turner's.

"At least you didn't take as long as Percy," Daniel grinned.

Holly managed an embarrassed smile.

"Oh, I'm feeling better," Lily told Holly. "You looked confused."

"So, are you guys dating now?" Daniel asked innocently.

Holly turned to me and raised an eyebrow. "Well? Are we?"

I smiled. "Yes. We are."

Holly grinned. She looked happier than I've ever seen her. "Can we go now?"

"Aren't you still hurt?" I asked her.

She stood up. She looked a bit shaky, but she sounded confident. "I'll be fine."

She walked out, Daniel and Lily close behind. I had to sprint to catch up.