I Kick a Goat

Pippin POV

This was all my fault. Holly could be dead, and I couldn't stop her.

After she had run out of the room, I turned to Grover and tried to sound curious. "What did you tell her?"

He didn't answer.

I dropped the act and kicked him in the shin. "What did you tell her?"

When he still didn't answer, I started beating him. Daniel had to hold me back.

Grover remained somewhat calm through all of this. "You two. Come with me." Daniel got in between us, which was a good idea on his part. We walked down some hallways, took a few turns, and suddenly Holly was there, unconscious and bleeding.

Daniel and I rushed over to her. "Is she breathing?" I asked, panic rising up inside me. Daniel checked, and reported that she was alive, but barely.

"One of you call Hank, Turner and Ashton. Quickly!" Daniel sprinted down the hallway.

"What is it with us five?" I asked Grover. I still didn't trust him. "Holly had wanted us all after school. Does that have something to do with it?" Grover nodded.

"Holly was going to tell you something important," Grover said. "But now she can't...so I will." Daniel came back with the other three boys, who were alarmed when they saw Holly.

"She will be fine," Grover said. "I hope," he muttered under his breath. "Now come on. I have to take you to camp."

"You never said we were going to a camp!" Daniel cried.

Grover sighed. "I guess Holly didn't tell you. We need to take you to a camp, before you get hurt."

"And what will happen if we refuse to come?" Daniel taunted.

"Then you will die," Grover said simply. "Look, Holly would have told you this herself, but she's obviously unable to. Are you coming?"

I stepped forward. "I'll come. And sorry I got mad earlier, I just-"

Grover winked. I think he knew I had a crush on her. "It's fine, I don't blame you."

Daniel sighed. "I guess I'll come too."

Hank nodded, and Ashton said that both he and Turner would go too.

Grover grinned. "Excellent. Now come along."

~~~Line Break~~~

Grover took Holly to the infirmary as soon as we got to camp. He then took us to this blue manor-type house. A man opened the door...but he wasn't really a man. He had a horse for the bottom half of his body.

"A centaur," Hank murmured in awe.

At this, Grover took off his pants. I would have been disgusted, but he had goat legs, so I was more confused.

"A satyr..." Hank must be having the time of his life.

The centaur smiled down at him. "Indeed," he said. "You must be the five new campers. But I wasn't expecting you so early...are not not supposed to still be in school?" Grover explained what happened to Holly.

"Ah, hellhound." Chiron said.

"A what?" Daniel asked.

Chiron explained what a hellhound was. Now I felt even worse.

"Now, boys. For the important topic young Miss Jackson was planning on telling you about." We all listened in. "Have you heard of the Greek myths?"

Hank perked up. "Of course!" He started rambling off a bunch of random names that I didn't quite catch, but Chiron silenced him soon after.

"Good for you." He took a deep breath. "All of those myths are real."

I somehow knew that he wasn't lying. I also knew that this would change my life forever.

"How do I know you're not lying?" Daniel asked.

"Would you like me to wake Miss Jackson and ask her for a demonstration?" Chiron countered calmly.

Daniel gulped and shook his head.

He smiled. "Good, I was not planning on doing so. She is quite injured, you know. Now, I must inform you that one of the gods-major or minor-is your parent."

"Which one?" Daniel asked. Wow, he asks a lot of questions, I thought.

"If you're lucky, your godly parent will claim you today. Then you will know which one."

"Can we go see Holly?" Hank asked. He looked just as worried as I felt.

Chiron nodded and led us to the infirmary.