Hank and Daniel Explain Their Hatred Towards Each Other (but it makes no sense)

Pippin POV

It was about midnight now. Holly was asleep on my shoulder, Hank was reading a book in Greek, I wasn't really sure what Turner was doing, and Ashton and Daniel were still playing their game. Occasionally they would yell out something and Hank would tell them to shut up because he was reading.

I looked over at Holly, who was dead to the world. She didn't appear to be having any nightmares, which was good. I wonder if-

"You like her!" I jumped. Daniel was grinning down at me.

"I do not!" I protested.

He laughed. "Wow, if she ever finds out, or even if Percy does-"

"Actually, Percy gave me permission to date her," I blurted out. "He told me himself."

Daniel looked impressed. "Really? Wow, that's never happened before."

"Did he ever talk to you?"

Daniel rolled his eyes. "No, because he knows that if I ever asked her out I'd be in the hospital within minutes. Because of her."

Ashton laughed and Hank looked up. "What are we talking about?"

"How Daniel would get hospitalized by Holly if he ever attempted to date her," I explained.

Hank smirked. "He would."

"What do you two have against each other, anyway?" Ashton asked. Neither of them spoke.

"Does Holly know?" I asked.

"Of course not," Daniel said. "She'd feel awful if she did."

"Good thing she's asleep then," I said, secretly nudging her. "Now spill it."

After a small argument, Daniel sighed. "It was in fourth grade. We were doing a project. There were four people left, the three of us and this bully. Obviously, both of us tried to choose Holly, but Hank used his persuading skills to win her over."

"Actually, if I recall correctly, I was the one who went with the bully. I paired you two up to protect yourselves, since I knew it was a-" Holly caught herself. "A Cabin Five kid."

I somehow remembered which god that cabin was for. Ares.

"I thought you were asleep!" Hank and Daniel said simultaneously.

"I was. I woke up. And how do you even remember that stuff?"

Daniel snapped at her, "How do you remember that stuff?"

She thought about this. "Good question."

Suddenly the plane lurched forward. "Due to technical difficulties, we are now crashing." (A/N I know that sucked but I have little experience with planes)

"Due to the crashing of the plane, our master plan has now failed," Daniel mocked.

Holly fainted right on the spot. I caught her, hoping and praying that she wasn't dead.

I watched as Turner got out of his seat and went up to the pilot. A few minutes later the plane steadied.

"Thanks to-um, what's your name?-Turner here the plane is fine now."

As if on cue, Holly snapped awake. She then hugged me fiercely.

I was a bit overwhelmed but I comforted her the best I could.

After a minute or two she let go. She stood up and the color drained from her face. "Where's Turner?"

"Driving the plane. He has pretty amazing skills." Ashton grinned. The color returned to her face as quickly as it disappeared.

"We are now landing," the pilot announced. About ten minutes later the plane stopped. Holly was the first one out. "Thank the gods we're on land again," she said, sounding immensely relieved.

"You know we'll have to get on here four more times, right?" Daniel grinned as Holly groaned.