What The Crap Is Wrong With Holly

Pippin POV

The water park was really fun. After Holly pushed Daniel down the slide, she bolted and I didn't see her again until we all left. There was a whirlpool, a wavepool (there's a difference), and of course the giant slide.

Lily was disappointed when we had to leave, but Daniel made her remember what we were here for.

When we walked out, Holly was back in jeans and a tshirt, and was texting.

"I thought you said to only use our phones in emergencies!" Daniel protested.

"I was texting my mom," she muttered. She put her phone in her pocket. "You guys ready?"

"We're still in our swimsuits," Hank pointed out.

Holly handed us all clothes. After we all changed, we came out.

"We're still wet." Hank muttered.

She dried all of us off.

"That is so cool," Lily sounded jealous.

Holly had a sad look in her eyes, but she managed a smile. "I think I know where the next gem is."

She led the way. I caught up with her. "You okay?"

"Fine," she responded. If there's anything I've learned in my 13 years of my life, it's that when girls say they're fine, they're not. But it was obvious that she didn't want to talk, so I kept quiet.

I was so wrapped up in my own thoughts that I didn't realize that Holly had stopped, and I ran straight into her. I immediately apologized.

Now I know something's up. Instead of yelling at me, she simply smiled and moved on.

Daniel grabbed my arm and pulled me back. "Do you know what's up with her?" he asked me.

"No," I muttered back.

"I think I do." Lily really needs to quit eavesdropping on people.

"What's going on, then?" Daniel asked her.

She laughed. "I'd be dead if I told you."

Daniel and I groaned. "Must be pretty bad," I said.

She nodded.

"We're here," Holly said.

"It's in that?!" Ashton cried in disbelief.

We were standing before a giant maze. It was about three times the height of us.

"You expect us to go in that thing?!" Daniel protested.

Holly nodded, and walked in.

We didn't really have another choice but to follow her. It immediately split into four different paths.

"Go in groups of two," Holly instructed.

"What about you?" Hank asked.

She smiled grimly. "I need to work something out. I'm going alone."

None of us objected, probably because we were too scared to. I went with Turner, Ashton went with Lily (Daniel teased him until Lily smacked him upside the head), and Hank went with Daniel.

"If something happens, call the first person you find. If you find the gem, call everyone immediately." She tapped her cell phone.

We nodded, and she turned and walked down the far right path.

"Will she be okay?" I asked Turner.

He watched me carefully. Finally, he said, "Holly is the toughest girl I know. She can handle almost anything." He went down the middle left path. I quickly ran after him.