I Guess Correctly on Most of the New Kids' Godly Parents

Holly POV

When I woke up again, I was in the infirmary. My thoughts were hazy, so it took a while to realize this. Then I saw the five new demigods, and knew that I wouldn't need to say a word to them, which made me feel a lot better even though I was in a ton of pain.

"Hey girlie..." Of course it was Daniel who said that. Why am I not surprised?

"Don't call me that." I was surprised on how weak my voice was. Fighting a hellhound single-handedly takes some energy out of you. Especially when you have no weapon. (Yeah. Oops.)

I tried sitting up, but before I could really try Daniel gently pushed me back down. "You're too weak."

I made a face at him, but didn't try again.

Grover ran in and sighed. "Holly, I'm so sorry, I should've helped you or-"

I smiled. "Grover, Chiron wouldn't have been too happy if you just left a ton of mortals at the school unattended."

He laughed nervously. "Yeah, about that..." I rolled my eyes but grinned.

"You okay?" Hank asked me. I nodded. "Yeah, just exhausted."

"Then why don't you go to sleep?" Daniel asked.

"Because I don't trust you," I said simply. Hank and Pippin laughed as Daniel pretended to be offended. "That's Daniel abuse!" I laughed as much as I could without hurting myself.

"So I'm assuming you know how I got hurt, right?" I asked them.

"They said something like a...hellhound?"

I nodded and described one.

Daniel looked horrified. "You fought that single-handed? You're only twelve!"

"Yeah, but I've had a ton of training. I only got hurt because..." I sighed. "I didn't have a weapon."

Grover choked. "You what?!"

Chiron smiled. "That means you did well. You killed it, correct?"

"Before I passed out, yeah." I replied.

"Impressive." Grover muttered. "I wish I could do that."

"Hey, I've only been here four years. You've been here for, like, ever."

"I say your father helped you," Chiron said. "Although you did well on your own."

I laughed. "What I did was luck. That thing tackled me from behind!"

Daniel muttered something, and I looked up.

"I knew it!" I said triumphantly. Everyone was confused, until they saw the glowing mark above his head. Daniel looked up and yelped. "What the crap is that?!"

"You've been claimed," I said.

"Sweet!" He cried. "Um, what does that mean?"

I sighed in exasperation. "Your father is Hermes." As soon as I said this, Hank was claimed by Apollo.

He looked up and said sarcastically, "Well that's surprising."

I grinned. Then Ashton got claimed by Hephaestus (yes! I guessed right again!)

Grover muttered, "This is not good. The curse-"

"Wait, there's a curse?" Ashton looked nervous. Then he realized that everyone was watching and smiled. "Oh, it's not like I'm scared. In fact, I love curses."

Turner got claimed by Hecate. Of course, he didn't say anything. Honestly, he kind of creeped me out. He seemed kind of lonely though...

"Woah." I snapped out of my thoughts to see Pippin being claimed by Athena. I blushed as I realized something.

Well, Percy's dating Annabeth, right? He's a Poseidon kid, she's an Athena kid. I'm a Poseidon kid, I like an Athena kid...but it would never work out, it's obvious he doesn't like me back.

"Oh gods." Grover was laughing, so he was probably thinking the same thing I was.

"Hey Holly, why are you blushing?" Daniel teased me.

I groaned. "Just don't. It's time for dinner, anyway."

"Are you coming?" Pippin asked.

I shook my head. "I can't, I'm staying overnight." I didn't know that for certain, but I knew I wouldn't be able to go anywhere tonight or even tomorrow morning. I was weaker than I realized.

"You guys go have fun," I said. "Pippin, say hi to Annabeth for me. She's the cabin leader."

He nodded and left with the others.

I smiled, then slipped into an amazingly dreamless sleep.