I Nearly Kill Myself on Accident

Pippin POV

"The what?" Daniel was just as confused as I was.

Holly sighed. "Let's just get back to camp."

Everyone was quiet until the plane crashed.

"We're out of fuel," Turner muttered and facepalmed.

"Are you kidding me?!" Holly screamed. She was panicking like mad. I knew there would be no need to attempt to calm her down, so I didn't try.

"Are there parachutes?" Lily asked.

Turner groaned. "There's six."

"All of you take one," Holly said.

"No way!" I cried. "You've saved my life too many times. I'm going without one."

Holly grabbed my hand. "There's probably water below us."

"And if there isn't?"

She sighed. "Let's not think about that."

We all got our parachutes on. Holly and I had a very long hug.

"Be careful," I told her.

She laughed and jumped out.

I wondered how she managed to stay moderately calm through all of that. Must take practice, I thought, and jumped out.

Holly was right, there was water underneath. It was freezing cold. I stupidly realized that I completely forgot to work my parachute, which got caught in my head, and I couldn't breathe. As I flailed around like a fish, something grabbed my leg and pulled me under. Right before I lost consciousness, I felt something grab my hand.

~~~Oh no what now~~~

"This is all my fault..."

The first voice I heard when I woke up was Holly's. I wondered what she meant.

"Holly, you couldn't have predicted this-" I guess Percy's here too.

"No, you don't understand! He could be dead, and it's all my fault!" I assumed they were talking about me. Gods, how long have I been out for?

I tried to open my eyes, but it hurt too much. Great.

"Holly, calm down! He should wake up soon, the Apollo kid said comas only last about a week-"

I've been out for a week?!

Holly let out a sob. "Just leave me alone, you don't get it!" I guess she ran out.

"Look, squirt." Percy's trying to talk to me now. Wonder how this will turn out. "I don't know if you can hear me, but Chiron said you can talk to people in comas and they can hear you." You can also talk to people when they're awake, and they can hear you then too.

"So, Holly told me that you two are dating now." Oh gods, don't kill me. "Like I said before you left, I'm fine with that." Good. "It's our mom you have to worry about." What?!

"Anyways, if you can hear me, please come back. Holly misses you a ton and she's completely miserable. Honestly, she was happier around you. Well, now I know why. But do it. For me, and for my sister. And for camp. And your dad. And Annabeth. And now I'm just rambling." Yes you are. "I'm begging you, squirt. Wake up soon." I guess he left too, because I heard his footprints leaving.

Finally I could open my eyes. I was in the infirmary. No one else was in here. I could hear Holly sobbing from here. Wow, Percy was right. She is not taking this easy.

I wanted to yell at her to come back in, but my voice wouldn't work. I couldn't really move, either.

I found a phone on the nightstand. I thought it was mine, until I saw the case. It's Holly's, I thought. But where's mine?

I heard more footsteps. Daniel came in. "Did I leave my phone in here?" He looked around for a minute, then noticed me. His expression brightened. "You're awake!"

I smiled a little bit.

"Can't talk, huh?" I couldn't even shake my head, so I tried my best to look sad and pitiful.

He shrugged. "Well, Holly will be thrilled anyway." He was about to leave when he stopped dead in his tracks. "Wait." He sighed. "I can't tell her."

"You can't tell me what?" Daniel yelped and banged his head against the door. Holly was trying to get in. He gave me a look that said 'Act asleep!'

I didn't want to, but he probably had a good reason. I closed my eyes and steadied my breathing.

"Wait, is that Pippin?" Holly sounded hopeful, maybe even excited. "Is he awake?"

"No," Daniel sighed. "I think he almost woke up, but not quite."

Holly sounded completely crushed. "Oh. Okay. Thanks anyway." Her footsteps faded away.

"That was close," Daniel muttered, and I opened my eyes.

"Sorry, you're probably wondering why. Well, if I tell her, she'll blame herself for your condition. Of course, she couldn't have stopped it from happening, it was out of her hands. But she still ignores us and keeps blaming herself. By the way, you've been out for a good six days."

He must have seen the look on my face, because he smiled. "Don't worry. You'll be fine."

I smiled. He sighed. "I'd better go check on Holly. I'll see you later." He ran out.

After maybe ten minutes, I drifted into unconsciousness again.