Chapter 2

*Akaashi's POV*
Somehow, I found myself in some luxurious-looking Japanese fine dining restaurant 2 hours later. This Koutarou guy had this imperative aura around him. No. It was not because I was mesmerised by his golden eyes but because I couldn't risk my cover being blown since that would land me in serious trouble with the authorities.

I had gotten home earlier, dropped my belongings off, did some cleaning and handled some other confidential matters before leaving the estate again. Koutarou-san picked me up at the bus stop with his car, a tasteful black BMW X5. And now, here I was, listening to Koutarou-san's mindless chattering. "...were planning to do away with him too- Hey Akaaaaashi, are you listening... Akkkkaaaaaaasshiiii?!" Koutarou-san waved his hands in front of my face, which I of course swatted away.

"I'm listening. But you still haven't told me who you are yet and what you want me for." I sat at the table, eyes boring into Koutarou-san's big owl looking ones. Koutarou gave me a look as if he was the most suave man in the universe. Dramatically, he fished a card out of his pocket, and did a pose. Then, he swiftly placed the card on the table in front of me. "I'm Bokuto Koutarou, acting CEO of Fukurodani holdings. And I am here as a headhunter. You've been scouted by ME, the soon-to-be CEO as my bodyguard."

*Bokuto's POV*
Akaashi clearly didn't look impressed by my performance. He was staring at the name card, frowning, as if he had some personal grudges with it.

"Are all topshots supposed to have such weirdly decorated name cards?" He looked up and narrowed his eyes.

"Why yes. Or maybe no. But it is more appealing, isn't it?"

Akaashi shook his head.

"Oh. Anyway, let's order some food. The food here is awesome!" I chirped, eager to bring his attention away from such dreary topic.

I noticed something throughout the few minutes, Akaashi always stared into my eyes. Everytime I saw him, he was looking into my eyes. Was there something on it?

*Akaashi's POV*
Bokuto-san called the waiter in and ordered a few dishes, a few too many dishes. It was near eleven and he had eaten half of my 8-inch pizza just 3 hours ago.

I couldn't help but look into his golden eyes again. They really resembled an owl's ones. I turned away the moment Bokuto-san took his eyes of the menu. "Ahem. Bokuto-san," I strained a smile, "You wouldn't mind telling me why you need me in your group, would you?" My smile must have looked creepy because Bokuto-san's eyes widened and his eyebrows contorted into weird shapes. "Ah yes. I've heard about your fighting skills and I believe you will be able to protect me very well!"

"And how would that benefit me Bokuto-san?" I laced my fingers together and moved closer.

Bokuto-san seemed to have gotten his confidence back despite my attempted hostility. "You see, your job would be similar to what you have now. Just that you would have more pay. You interested? And of course if this doesn't suit you there's also the management sector, the finance sector, the ter-"

I lost interest in Bokuto-san's continuous talk and just sat there indulging in the delicacies the waiter brought in while pretending to listen. After we finished eating and Bokuto-san sent me home did I profess my rejection towards joining the group, and of course my absence in desire of meeting him again. Bokuto-san seemed to get it and left.

As I saw the car vanish from my sight. I felt a slight ache in my chest, probably the icy weather messing with my mind. "Hope you find a bodyguard Bokuto-san." I whispered and walked into the estate.