Chapter 24

*Bokuto's POV*
Well the day you've all been waiting for. Tadadadan! My birthday! From the moment I woke up, I knew it was gonna be a great day. I wondered what everyone had in store for me.

Keiji passed me my clothes for shower, as per normal, served me breakfast as per normal, rushed me as per normal... Everything was normal. Does Keiji not know it's my birthday? Well it would be rude if I asked but I reeeeaaaaalllllllllyyyyy wanted to know if Keiji had heard about my birthday or something.

Keiji seemed to notice me staring and looked at me, a small smile forming on his lips. "Happy birthday, Bokuto-san. N...Now hurry up get to work." Was that pink I saw on his cheeks? But I didn't have time to think, I was shoved out of the house as Keiji locked the door. "Owww. Don't treat the birthday boy so roughly." I pouted as I turned back to look at him. "I am sorry Bokuto-san. But just because you are the birthday boy does not mean work is going to stop just for you. Come on, we are late." I shuffled unwillingly behind him. I wonder what present has Keiji gotten me?

Work was a bore as usual but we had a huge lunch birthday celebration. It came as a surprise although I expected it or something like that. Everyone was so nice. We had this gigantic strawberry shortcake. Then there was like barbecue food. And best thing was that there was a table full of presents. But none of them were from Keiji. Maybe he would give me his present later. Keiji finished his work at an astonishing fast speed and got to go off at like 5 while I was left with a mountain of papers to sign. Noooo...

*Keiji's POV*
The steak had thawed. Thank goodness I placed it in the chiller compartment just before I went out in the morning. While the steak warmed up to the room temperature, I preheated the pan.

Making sure the sirlon steak felt lukewarm, I spreaded olive oil and sprinkled salt and pepper. Then I slowly slipped it into the pan, enjoying the sizzling sound of the beef cooking. Following the recipe, I rubbed each side of the meat with butter and garlic cloves every minute when I turned it over. It had a heavenly aroma. I did the same for another slab of beef, garnishing the both of then as nicely as I could with a little rosemary, thyme and lemon slices.

I poured two glasses of red wine, a more classic taste for a formal event. As I unboxed the cake after taking it out from the refrigerator, I dimmed the lights. There was a reason why I did not let Bokuto-san touch the fridge today. I brought out the presents, laying them neatly on the glass coffee table, smiling in satisfaction with the arrangement. The door clicked open and I carried the slice of cake, candle lighted. "Happy birthday."

"Sing me the birthday song." I could not resist the eyes that Bokuto-san looked at me with.

Haizz. Here goes nothing. "Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to you... Happy birthday to Koutarou-san... Happy birthday to you..."

"What did you call me again? Say it once more."

"Koutarou-san."

"Call me that from now onwards." He smiled, clapping as he blew out the candles just like a child.

I almost smiled at his naivety. I walked him to the dinning table, pulling out the chair for him after placing the cake on the table. He digged in. "Itch niuce. Yoo aru grateu ut coukinh."

"Thank you, Bo-Koutarou-san." I settled down to have my meal too.

We finished dinner and after a bath, we were both sitted on the sofa, Bokuto-san requesting me to take photographs of him and his presents, making weird faces at each flash of the mobile phone camera. He ripped open the nicely packaged presents, seemingly eager to unwrap whatever was inside.

*Koutarou's POV*
He got me sunglasses. They were so cool. Now I can be like those action movie guys. There was also a mini pool table, I mean I would never have thought of giving that as  birthday present, it was such a good idea. There was a golden coloured expensive looking ball point pen that had my name carved on it. Hoooot!!! I'll keep it nicely. There were cuff links. How did Keiji know I lost mine? Hehe...

*Keiji's POV*
Bokuto-san was literally smiling from ear to ear. He gave me a big hug after he had finished unwrapping all the presents. "This is the best birthday ever! Keiji you're the best!" He had said, elation obvious in his voice. "Too bad my father wouldn't be here to spend it with me..." The atmosphere became heavy for a moment before Bokuto-san decided we should finish the bottle of wine and dragged me along.

I sipped at the wine while Bokuto-san chugged down half its contents. I stopped him luckily when he started having a dazed look on his face. He hiccupped as I pulled the bottle away from his grasp. "Keiji...I still wanna drrrrink- somemoreeee...Pleaseeeee..." "No means no. The rest is for me, ok?" I drained the last drop of wine in my cup, feeling a little tipsy but better than I had compared to the other times I drank alcoholic drinks. Bokuto-san had already collapsed on the sofa, sleeping. I stumbled over, sitting down on the floor beside him. "Goodnight Bokuto-san." Then, I kissed him on the forehead. I made up a mental note to stop drinking alcohol.

*Bokuto's POV*
In all the alcohol and haze, I dropped on the sofa. As I lay down to rest, I felt like something soft and wet press against my forehead and something pressed against the sofa. It was Keiji right? I blinked open my eyes, facing the dark short hair of my room mate. Keiji kissed me, he kissed me... Magically, my head cleared. My heart was pounding like crazy. I prayed Keiji couldn't hear it. I tried to calm myself down but now it was so obvious, the fact that I...I like Keiji. But what if Keiji doesn't like me back?