Chapter 15

"Please buckle up your seatbelts and prepare for takeoff."

*Akaashi's POV*
Bokuto-san was grabbing the armrest, face deathly pale. His hands were trembling. As the plane took off, Bokuto-san covered his ears with both hands, wincing in pain.

The height of the plane stabilised and Bokuto-san seemed more relaxed. He started watching the movie being played on the little screen in front of him.

He was commenting on the movie and many other things. It was expected. I made him book an economy flight instead of his usual first class flight so everything was new to him. Bokuto-san was exploring the differences and rattling them to me. He was a little too talkative for a comfortable flight. Every 30 minutes he would always ask if we had reached Tokyo. Finally when he had asked for the sixth time if we were there yet, the captain's voice crackled over the speaker, announcing our descent. That was very good news, I was close to vexation. I quickly stuffed the earphones provided in Bokuto-san's ears as the plane dipped. I wondered how on earth had he made it over to Shanghai on his own.

Bokuto-san got his luggage and trottled out of the bustling arrival hall, with me following closely behind. We took a taxi to Shibuya just so he could wallow in the delicacies of his favourite restaurant. Bokuto-san was no doubt born with a silver spoon in his mouth.

"You shouldn't waste so much money, Bokuto-san." I made a slight complaint.

"Keiji, this is called enjoying life. You only live once afterall. What we have is money anyways."

I sighed. "Still, you shouldn't waste that much money, there are cheaper ways to enjoy life Bokuto-san."

After Bokuto-san had satisfied his then growling stomach, we headed off to his apartment to drop our things and catch some needed sleep. I ended up sharing a bed with Bokuto-san. I was so tired that by the time Bokuto-san finished showering and headed into the bathroom, I had already fallen into slumber. At some point while I was subconscious, I felt the moving of the bed then a weight on me.

I woke up to Bokuto-san snuggled up against me like I was a pillow. I stayed still for a while more, trying my best to focus on the ceiling instead of the man beside me. With a thought that I should make breakfast, I tried to move but Bokuto-san wouldn't budge.

"Bokuto-san wake up. Did you not say you wanted to visit your father?" I remarked, lightly patting his head to wake him up. Thankfully, that worked. I went for my morning jog while Bokuto-san bought breakfast. We reached the hospital at 9.