Chapter 30

*Keiji's POV*
The delievery company called to inform that they had already sent the hamper over. Thanking them, I ended the call, stepping into the Shinkansen cabin behind Bokuto-san. The train started and we were greeted by the friendly voice of the driver. I leaned on the window, watching as the changing scenery zoomed by. Soon enough, we were in Sendai. We were two days early, since Bokuto-san wanted to "take a look around". I was pretty sure that was just an excuse to escape work so I made him bring his laptop along.

Miyagi was quiet and quaint in comparison to the hustle and bustle of the capital city. Sawamura-san suggested we head down to the famous Sendai castle, home to the late warlord Date Masamune. Thus, we ended up renting a car to get there.

A fine castle it was, a pity that the original one was fully destroyed during World War II. We strolled around the castle grounds, Bokuto-san clicking away happily on his camera. I took a few photos too. It was picturesque with the castle against a vivid fall-coloured backdrop. Bokuto-san somehow got into the frame. He stood out alot with his white hair.

Our hotel was Hotel Kanyo. To save money, I shared a room with Bokuto-san and successfully convinced him not to book a suite. Our room was simple. Two single beds with a table lamp separating us. A huge window near the beds and a TV to the front. The bathroom was near the door. I looked outside, our room was facing the open East China Sea. It was night now. I was exhausted but I made up my mind to head down to the beach tomorrow night. I walked over to the already sleeping Bokuto-san, realising how child-like his sleeping face was. My face moved towards his instinctively. At the last moment, I stopped myself, bringing myself back a few steps. Why did I do that? I could feel the heat rising up to the tip of my ears. I massaged my cheeks hoping to somehow rub the redness off. Pulling the covers over Bokuto-san, I silently snuggled into my own bed, falling asleep soon enough, disturbed.

(Timeskip brought to you by Godzilla-lover Hajime)

We were given a tour around the Karasuno farm resort. Sawamura-san was a well-built and well-mannered man with a strong presence. He and his vice president walked around the green house, showing us the latest technology they inputed in the farm. Sawamura-san and Bokuto-san led in front while Suga-san, as he requested me to call him, and I slowly trailed behind, quiet, completely opposite of the two just reunited teammates.

"So are you and Bokuto dating?" I got caught up in the sudden question and stumbled, luckily managing to catch myself before I caused humiliation.

"I'm sorry for asking such a sudden question. It must have scared you Keiji-kun." He flashed an apologetic smile which surprisingly had a refreshing feel behind it.

"Bokuto-san and I aren't like that."

By then, Bokuto-san had already clambered up to the second floor viewing station and was waving to me with a bright smile. Suddenly remembering what Suga-san had said, I blushed. Suga-san apparently noticing it, nudged me with a playful expression present on his face. "Have you gotten anything to wear for the masquerade ball?" I shook my head, face still supposedly red in embarrassment.

While Bokuto-san had to settle work matters with Sawmura-san for the rest of the day, I got pulled around shopping malls by the fiesty Suga-san. I ended up with a black tuxedo matched with a grey studded mask, white and black feathers prominent at the side. Suga-san flashed me a thumbs up as I looked at him with my outfit. I ended up buying the whole set. We actually went on budget shopping and the mask was customised. It was a great job done. I managed to limit my spending to only 15 000 yen. "Don't show Bokuto-kun your suit. Make him go first and give him a surprise." I nodded as Suga-san waved goodbye. I stepped into the hotel room Bokuto-san and I shared, placing the neatly folded suit and mask in my haversack.

I read a book I brought along, mind not focused at all on its content. My thoughts kept linking back to yesterday night. Once again, I found myself with a crimson tint displayed on my cheeks as I looked in the mirror. It was not like me at all to lose my composure. Did I actually like Bokuto-san? As in the like-like kind of like. I patted myself on both cheeks, trying to snap myself out of my over-thinking. It still did not change the fact that I found Bokuto-san attractive. Just then, Bokuto-san walked in.

"Hey hey hey Keiiiijii. What did you do? You know Daichi told me about this great dining place at the beach......" As he said that, he walked into the wall and cried out in pain.

"..." Did I really like this man?