Chapter 3

*Bokuto's POV*
I stood outside the gate where I dropped Akaashi off last night, hand holding a bouquet of flowers to show my sincerity. It was 7am and I actually sacrificed not 1 or 2 but...3 hours of my precious sleep to try convince Akaashi to join the group. Akaashi would have no say about my lack of sincerity.

The gate creaked open then shut and Akaashi walked out, swinging his keys in his hands. I was pretty sure he saw me but he walked past me like I was thin air.

*Akaashi's POV*
I was pretty sure I made it known to him the previous night that I was not interested in whatever he had to offer. Finding him outside my doorstep first thing in the morning left me exasperated. I walked past him, feigning ignorance. From the corner of my eye, I could see him giving a dramatic shocked look while using his free hand to clutch his chest, as if he had suffered a great hit. Amusing. I plugged my ear pieces into my ears, turning up the energetic music as I broke into a jog.

I ran to the nearby park, waving politely to those who greeted me as I passed them. After another 30 minutes or so, I ended my run and strolled to the lake area to take in some fresh air and cool down.

The lake had frozen over, a white sheet of thin ice covering the cold waters beneath. The trees beyond the lake shone white, snow reflecting off the weak morning sunlight. It was very pretty. I was a fan of the colour white, the colour of purity. And that of course was ironic, considering I was not as pure or gentle as that colour portrayed and I did not aspire to be.

"Aaaakkaaaashii!" I swerved around to face a blur of white hurtling towards me. I gave a swift kick, but that person dodged me.

"You're fast, Bokuto-san. With those reflexes, a body guard is unnecessary." I complimented, turning back to the white scenery layed out in front of me.

"I finally caught up with you. Why'd you ignore me again? I'm hurt Akkaaaaasshi."

I sighed. Even though Bokuto-san was decked in some form of white and reminded me of a great horned owl, it would be much nicer if he would just shut up and leave me in peace.

Luckily Bokuto-san found something else to fascinate himself with, the white mist that whifted out everytime he breathed. I assumed the bunch of flowers cradled in his arms were for me and took it, managing to successfully slip away and head for home.

*Bokuto's POV*
By the time I realised Akaashi was gone, Akaashi had probably already left for a few minutes. "Argghhhh! I failed again." I dropped onto the snow covered pavement, head in my hands. If Kuro heard about this, he would surely laugh his head off for days. But of course I would not give up. Akaashi was just playing hard to get. Sooner or later, he would fall for my charms and dedication. I stood up and dusted the snow off myself, walking back to my car. I would show Akaashi what I could do. But first, maybe I should go pick up someone cute in Nichome to comfort me.

*Akaashi's POV*
My watch showed 8pm as I headed into Iwazumi's bar again. It was not another case as I wished it would be, but our bike gang's reunion party. I mean, I was glad to see my friends who gave me a sense of home, but ultimately I still preferred being alone. Everyone was crowded at a table in the corner of the bar, near the counter so Iwazumi could join in too. Kuro-senpai was there, smoking a cigarette while Kenma-san sat beside him, staring at his PSP as usual. Tsukishima-kun sat at the side with headphones on, looking disinterested in everything that was happening. Typical of him. Tanaka-san, Nishinoya-kun and Taketora-san sat there chatting loudly. It was heartening to see that no one had changed. Not that I would ever express it to them. "Ah. Akaashi, you're here. Come on and sit beside me, we've got a lot to catch up on. Neat job on yesterday's case. My father was enraged by the fact that an annoymous photo was sent with Sunakawa bound and drugs beside him." He chuckled, "And now that you're here, let's start the reunion. Cheers everyone!" Everyone raised their glass and drank it, even Tsukishima-kun did although he looked kind of unwilling. Everyone knew it was just a facade. "Let me introduce you to my friend." Kuro-senpai signalled to the guy at the next table and he walked over. I started to develop a really bad feeling. "Hey hey hey. I'm Bokuto Koutarou, nice to finally meet you guys that Kuro has talked so much about." For heavens' sake. I found myself looking at the striking eyes of the newcomer. "Akaasshiii?" Seemed like he recognised me too. "Oya oya oya. Seems like you two know each other. We can skip the ice breakers then. I'll leave you two to chat." Upon saying that, Kuro-senpai returned to the pointless debate with Nishinoya-kun about what a scooter was. "I never knew you were part of the bike gang Kuro talked so fondly about. And it is surprising to see you in a gay bar." My mind flashed back to the previous day with the pizza. You mean he didn't remember? Or did he just not see? Thank goodness for the dim lighting. I hoped this meeting would not place any weird ideas into Bokuto-san's mind. "Bokuto-san, for your information, I'm not a homosexual ok?" I took a picture of him with the gay bar sign behind while he was listening to me then waved my phone at him. "And I'm sure you don't want your father or company staff to find out you are gay? So if you don't mind, I would like to have a nice catch up session with my friends." Bokuto-san deflated like a balloon but he went back to his original table. Seeing his sorrowful look made me wonder if maybe I was too harsh on him. I shrugged it off, at least he wouldn't bother me anymore. Or so I thought. I deleted the photo.
.
.
.
It was a really bad idea to ride my motorcycle to a reunion at a bar because I ended up drinking more than I was used to. We were playing a scissors-paper-stone punishment game where the loser either had to pick up someone in the bar or drink one shot of whisky each time he lost. And I being the unsociable and straight one chose the drinking forfeit. I had never been good at scissors-paper-stone or alcohol and I should have known they would pull off a stunt like this.

I walked outside, tipsy. The world which was once a sharp picture, turned all blurry. Kuro-san had taken a taxi home with Kenma-san, Tsukishima-kun had excused himself earlier after looking at a message, going home, and the rest bunked in at Iwazumi-san's house. I didn't feel that good for troubling Iwazumi-san but didn't bring enough cash for a taxi ride home. Plus, I stayed over once and I had to withstand moaning sounds until early morning. It made me shudder just remembering, I started my slow stroll home to clear my head.

Maybe the alcohol got into my head, because before I knew it, it turned dark.

*Bokuto's POV*
I rushed out of the bar the moment I saw Akaashi get up and leave. I had been observing him for a while and Akaashi really didn't look okay at all. I checked, his motorcycle was still parked outside. I headed towards the bridge, searching like crazy for Akaashi. He may have been really mean and shredded my pride, but I had a heart and I couldn't just leave him out in the icy cold and risking him run into an accident. Plus I was the ace at lip service but had yet to persuade him to join my company. I couldn't and wouldn't give up yet. But now wasn't the time to be thinking about this. Where was Akaashi?

Just as I started to wonder if Akaashi had taken a taxi home, I saw a figure collapse near the bridge. I ran over and picked the guy up. Those familiar curls and chiseled features. "Akkaaaaashii?" It was Akaashi alright. I was so glad to have found him before someone not-so-nice in this Nichome district did. I princess carried him back to my car and drove him to my home.

It was about 1 30am when I reached my house. I threw open the door and supported the drunken Akaashi past the door and into my bedroom. Luckily, it was a short car ride. I couldn't risk Akaashi throwing up on my precious new BMW X5. I dropped Akaashi on my bed. He made gagging noises and I quickly hulled him up into standing position. I walked him to the toilet.

"Blerghhh!" I resisted the urge to scream. My floor! My clothes too! I quickly brought him to the toilet and gave him a shower, washing myself up too. It was difficult, trying to clean an unconscious person. I left him in the drained bathtub while I wiped the floor clean. Then I dried and dressed him in my clothes. They were oversized but at least he had clothes, right? I placed Akaashi gently on my bed, afraid to injure him, he looked so fragile. After placing those dirty clothes in the washing machine, I flopped on the bed and faced the thin lad beside me.

Now that there was nothing left to do, I could see Akaashi more clearly. His curly hair was dark as night. I ran my hand through his hair. It was soft. I moved my hand down his face. He had beautiful features and long eyelashes. He was a pretty sight to look at, and would be better if he would just smile. I realised that Akaashi never smiled, not even a simple grin when he hung out with his gang of friends, other than that one time yesterday where he tried to scare me off by acting creepy. Not that it worked. I noticed something else, Akaashi was strangely silent as he slept, if not for the steady rise and fall of his chest, I would have thought he was dead.

I sighed. Akaashi was a diamond, but compared to the others which I could so easily obtain, Akaashi was like a 100 carat diamond. But getting him meant that I wouldn't have to worry about attacks. I would do all it took to bring him in, even if there were risks.

I wondered why Akaashi didn't even want this offer. If it was anyone else, they would agree without hesitation. A job with the same risks but higher pay, it was worth doing no matter how much I thought about it.

I flipped over and stared at the ceiling. Just then the washing machine sounded. I dragged myself out of bed and removed the clothes from the machine, pegging them on the bamboo pole. Hopefully it would dry by tomorrow. I shuffled my feet as I walked back to my room and lay beside Akaashi. I found myself looking at him once again and that was the last thing I remembered before I fell asleep.