Chapter 7

*Bokuto's POV*

I woke with adrenaline rushing through my veins and new found determination. Yes. Today, i would get things done. If only i had his phone, things would be sooooo much easier. I may not look like it but i had the skills of a hacker. I guess I would have to result to the lowest kind of method available, stalking. I grabbed a few items and placed them in my backpack, heading out for breakfast. 

The only information I had about Akaashi was that he worked at Jin Xuan Chinese Restaurant in the Shanghai IFC, which meant he should be staying somewhere near there.  Then I realised that this entire area was of higher class. Why was I so silly? I kicked the wall nearby in a burst of anger. Argh. I was going in circles. I gave up and decided to get some of my unfinished work done, heading to the nearest library available, armed with my laptop and some documents. I didn't realise, but in the many days that I left Japan came even more work piling up my table. If I hated anything more than being misled, it was deskwork. That was why I was over the moon when my father had sent me to recruit Akaashi. It served as a wonderful distraction from the hassle of reading, typing and signing boring papers.

I stretched and stared at the clock when I finally decided that I was done with whatever work I had. 8 p.m. It proudly displayed and I grabbed whatever stuff was mine, heading out. But first, I had to get food. I didn't notice how hungry I was before due to stress. But now my empty stomach was growling real loudly, expectantly, since I didn't eat anything the entire day. I stepped into the bright lights of Shanghai's bustling nightlife and almost ran in relief to the first shop I saw that sold food.

*Akaashi's POV*
I left work earlier today. I didn't want to risk seeing Bokuto-san again. If not for the fact that I had to work a month before getting my pay, I would have switched jobs the next day. I walked to the broadwalk, humming to the sorrowful melody of my favourite song. The wooden planks softly creaked under me with each step I took. I took in a gulp of fresh air. It felt nice being here, looking at the shining lights of the...umm Xinbeimen area at the other end of the glittering waters. I felt homesick, just a tiny little bit. Tokyo was also this flashy went it came to night time. I looked up to the navy blue sky. There weren't any stars here either, a pity. Finally feeling my apprehension settle and calmness set in, I headed for the subway station, carefully avoiding the IFC building.

I headed down the stairs at the entrance of the subway, guess who did I see? I rolled my eyes and quickened my steps. But it did not work at all. Haiz... It was going to be a long night.